Solved

Changing my phone number

• 19 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

First of all I’d like to say what a horrific experience it is trying to chat to a real person. I can’t even chat to someone on live chat let alone on the phone. I’m sure this is common with everyone else? 

I would like to change my number because of a stalker, how exactly do I do that successfully?

Thank you

Regards

Anonimato

icon

Best answer by Ryan 24 November 2020, 17:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Anonimato,

We’re sorry to hear that you have had issues with getting in touch. We can help change your number, however, there is a £25 charge for obtaining a new number. The charge can be waived though if you have a crime reference number relating to the need to change your number. We will send you a PM now to offer support.

Ryan

I called ID Mobile, my daughter is having bullying & harassment. The police are involved with the school. I told this to the Chat online person, but was told I had yo pay £25.00 for a change in number. If I get a Police crime reference it would be free. No other network, that I am aware of, charges for a change of number especially if there is bullying & harassment. It seems ID Mobile don’t have concerns about bullying & harassment, it must be their policy to accept bullying and harassment and charge people for changing their phone number. If I had known these were the ethics of ID Mobile, I would not have changed from my previous to ID Mobile! This should be put on their Facebook and Twitter channels, that they charge for changing mobile numbers where children are being bullied and harassed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Eiaz100 

We would very much like to help you and your daughter, we certainly do not want anyone to be bullied or harassed, especially a young person. 

We’ll send you a private message on here now, and we can then help you further.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

I’d like to change my number too, how do I go about this?

I’d also like to second what one of the previous posters has said about how ridiculously difficult it is to speak to a real person about a pretty basic query, why isn’t there even so much as an e-mail address to write to?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ben_ ,

A number change costs £25 that is applied to your next bill, unless you have a crime reference number in relation to the need to change numbers, in which case we waive the fee.

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to assist you with this.

Will

Why iD Mobile?