Solved

creating an account

Ive tried installing the id app to my fone so i can keep track of how much calls/data i use,i try to log in it gives me 'incorrect username or password,i send myself a password reminder it sends a code to my fone,i type in the code and creat a new password,i try and log in it says 'incorrect username or password' and round round we go,ive done this over 10 times and i give up,my phones is now turned off and in my top drawer so i cant go over my allowance,im using my old phone now,if anyone can find me a simple solution id be most grateful,if not i give up and ill send the phone back and cancel the contract,im done with this.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 21 May 2018, 10:30

View original

12 replies

Hi @tommy710

Welcome to the iD Community!
We hope we can get this sorted for you.

We've moved your post to the 'App and My Account' section of the Community.

Have you tried selecting 'Forgotten Username' rather than 'Forgotten Password' at all?
Or logging in via the iD website to check everything is correct with your online account, rather than using the app?

Jade
My account is fine here when im logged in via the computer,i use the same username and password on the ap to log in and it says user name doesnt exist,but it clearly does as im here talking to you lol,im lost with it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi @tommy710,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with logging in/accessing your account.

iD Forum accounts work separately to MyiD Accounts.

You'd need to register for both of these separately.

Have you ever registered for an iD account on https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ or the app before?

The username would usually be your email address you registered with and the password would be whatever this was setup as.

If you're still having issues with logging in, let us know and we'll help set this up for you.

Mohammed
My id account appears on the link you provided,im logged in and can see all my details,my account,myu tariff etc etc,it just wont let me sign in on the ap on my fone,ive given up with it,im glad i didnt let my account run out on 02 im gonna go back to em on my old fone,im not risking overusing my tariff and being charged for it,cos atm theres not much i can do to stop it,thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
My id account appears on the link you provided,im logged in and can see all my details,my account,myu tariff etc etc,it just wont let me sign in on the ap on my fone,ive given up with it,im glad i didnt let my account run out on 02 im gonna go back to em on my old fone,im not risking overusing my tariff and being charged for it,cos atm theres not much i can do to stop it,thanks for your help.

Hello @tommy710,

If you'd still like help on getting into your account, drop me a PM and I will advise further.

Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us due to this.

If there's anything else I can do further, please let me know.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
I believe tommy710 has managed to log in to the Community Forum as he is posting here. He can also log in to the iD.mobile on line account. The problem he is experiencing, as I experienced, is with the iD mobile app.

I tried for almost two days to log in to the app and was on the point of heading to a Carphone Warehouse shop when I logged in. It was always an error stating the email address and the password did not match. I have been locked out of the account numerous times over the past two days for numerous failed attempts to log in but curiously I am allowed to log in again using that same password. Is that secure?

We should have a show and hide on the password field in the app so we are not driven mad by having what we believe is a correct password rejected, time after time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I believe tommy710 has managed to log in to the Community Forum as he is posting here. He can also log in to the iD.mobile on line account. The problem he is experiencing, as I experienced, is with the iD mobile app.

I tried for almost two days to log in to the app and was on the point of heading to a Carphone Warehouse shop when I logged in. It was always an error stating the email address and the password did not match. I have been locked out of the account numerous times over the past two days for numerous failed attempts to log in but curiously I am allowed to log in again using that same password. Is that secure?

We should have a show and hide on the password field in the app so we are not driven mad by having what we believe is a correct password rejected, time after time.

Definitely taking the feedback on board there @Figgis and will feed this back.

Have you tried resetting the password at all?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
After two days of trying I finally gained access to the iD app, just as I was about to head to a Carphone Warehouse shop. I quickly changed the login to a 6 digit pin.

But I also experienced problems in my account where I logged in with the correct password and my session timed out and the correct saved password did not match. ID is messing with my sanity.
Userlevel 1
@Mohammed

I have been locked out of the account numerous times over the past two days for numerous failed attempts to log in but curiously I am allowed to log in again using that same password. Is that secure?

You did not answer this.

When I have been locked out of an email account because of several failed attempts to log in. I always received an email to reset the password. This did not happen on iD mobile. Shouldn't the password be changed after so many failed attempts to log in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Mohammed

I have been locked out of the account numerous times over the past two days for numerous failed attempts to log in but curiously I am allowed to log in again using that same password. Is that secure?
You did not answer this.

When I have been locked out of an email account because of several failed attempts to log in. I always received an email to reset the password. This did not happen on iD mobile. Shouldn't the password be changed after so many failed attempts to log in.

Hey @Figgis,

The account would be locked to prevent spambots from trying multiple logins and also multiple failed login attempts.

You can manually reset the password if you don't know this. This can also be done if you do know the password as you'd require access to the iD Mobile number where the reset code is sent.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
OK thank you.
I tried everything ive read on here and it still didnt work,Id have already charged me over my tariff,im done with it,ive just tried to log in again to see if maybe theyd sorted the problem out but its still the same,thanks for all your help here,just a note anyone else here that is finding problems with this and feel like there stuck into a contract,if the provider isnt providing the service you signed up for its there breach not yours and you can easily and safely leave without penalty,i did.thanks again for all your help here,take care.
Tom

Why iD Mobile?