Solved

Data Usage incorrectly showing in app

• 3 August 2018
  • 9 replies

I have just put my new sim card into my phone & activated my account, my phone was already connected to wifi but my data usage shows 50Mbs, how?
icon

Best answer by Michelle 5 March 2021, 15:13

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Tracey,

Nothing to be alarmed about here.

The iD App will reserve 50MBs of data when you open it when connected to mobile data.
This is just how the app operates.

If you try closing the app, turning off Mobile Data then turn on WiFi.
Opening the app on WiFi should show the 50MBs returned to you as normal.

It's only shown like this if you open the app via Mobile Data.

Mohammed
Thanks you, this helped me so much
but what do u mean it will reserve 50mb
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks you, this helped me so much
but what do u mean it will reserve 50mb

Hey @MrDerpinati,

The way the app was made to operate, it takes 50MBs of data and keeps it to the side (reserved) if you view the app when on Mobile Data

However, when you exit the app, it gives the 50MBs back.

This only happens if you're accessing the app via Mobile Data.

If you access it via WiFi, you won't see this happening.

Hope that helps.

Mohammed
I noticed this issue as it was the first day of my billing cycle and my phone was reporting 62MB used but the website (via my laptop) reported 112MB used. I went on flight mode and refreshed the website dashboard and suddenly the website reported 62MB used. Came off flight mode and it jumped up again. Came off flight made and it dropped down again. It looks like the 50MB is reserved just by being connected to the network, not by using the IDMobile app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I noticed this issue as it was the first day of my billing cycle and my phone was reporting 62MB used but the website (via my laptop) reported 112MB used. I went on flight mode and refreshed the website dashboard and suddenly the website reported 62MB used. Came off flight mode and it jumped up again. Came off flight made and it dropped down again. It looks like the 50MB is reserved just by being connected to the network, not by using the IDMobile app.

Hello @JohnBeeBee,

Thanks for clarifying that for us, I wasn't aware of this!

That said, you should still be able to use the full 50MB of data from your allowances.
I believe that this feature was implemented when the network was first created, however, since then, the iD Mobile app has become free-rated and therefore no data is required to use this so you'll always have access to all of your data.

Mohammed

I have just received a message saying I have nearly used all of my 20GB data but I paid yesterday but my data hasn’t refreshed 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Reece_Trimz 

The message you have received, is it a message from ID Mobile, or is it a notification from your phone? Also, when does your monthly tariff refresh? 

-Mohsin

@Mohsin  it was a message from ID and I was supposed to be charged on the 27th February but it came out of my account yesterday

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Reece_Trimz 

Have you changed your Direct Debit/payment date recently?

Michelle 

iD Mobile

Why iD Mobile?