Solved

fraud

• 16 February 2021
  • 10 replies

I have been the victim of a fraudulent account set up with ID mobile.

i had an online chat to report it on 24 January ,but not heard since.

I have now received a final demand notice, claiming debt collectors will be appointed.

it’s ridiculous that there is no contact phone number for this company.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 20 February 2021, 15:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @FordRanger23,

Have you been able to reply to the private message to let us know about that? We can support you further there.

Ryan

I have tryed to fill the form you have sent me and it wont let me

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @FordRanger23 

We are sorry to hear this. We will send you a Private Message to help with this.

-Mohsin

I have just came back home and I have just found a letter from you I havent even set up an account with you I am with ee 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @janettejones 

The account needs to be reported to our Fraud Team.

You will need a crime reference number, our Live Chat team can then start an investigation.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday. 

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section.  

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient. 

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. 

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Has it been sorted yet ? Are you now cleared ?

I have the same problem since 2015 an account was set up fraudulently 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Barbroadside,

We can’t prevent those letters whilst it’s being investigated. If you don’t hear anything after the 30 days, please get back in touch and we’ll chase that up for you.

Will

Hi

i finally got on live chat today.

I do have a reference number, I understand it takes 30 days ,but in the mean  time ,I do not expect to receive letters threatening me with debt collectors. It is very worrying, it makes one wonder if it really is being dealt with.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Barbroadside 

Did you receive a reference number when you spoke to our Live Chat Team?

We won’t need to hear that here, but if you did receive a reference number from them then we’d expect everything will be in hand to be resolved.

When Fraud is reported.  Our Fraud Operations Team investigate it internally and alongside Action Fraud.  You should usually receive a letter in the post about 30-35 days after it’s reproted to confirm everything has been taken care of and erased from your name.

Simply ignore any bills or letters relating to the account for the time being.  If a month passes without any follow up, then get back to us here and we’ll chase that further if needed.

Why iD Mobile?