Question

Having some significant issues with my log in details

• 25 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Today at around 19:00 my phone lost connection to cellular data, texts and calls. When I went to check my iD mobile app on my phone, I had been logged out of it. I couldn’t log back in, hopefully due to an error I made while creating the account and its password - although I was positive that I had set up touch iD as a way of getting into my account, and I see no option to use it. Because I have no access to new SMS messages, I cannot reset my password using the code sent to it. I’ve had to log in here with my facebook account to ask for help!

Things I’ve tried so far include restarting the phone, reinserting the sim card and no, there isn’t an outstanding payment. 

Thanks for any help. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Alright I’ve gotten into the account after trying a seemingly infinite amount of variations on my password but still don’t have access to any services - help still needed!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Jamesyy,

To get this sorted quickly, I suggest you try the iD Live Chat service here.

To avoid the annoying 24/7 chat-bot, type “talk to a person”.
There are iD agents working 9am to 6pm weekends (and bank holidays) and 9am to 8pm weekdays.

If you don’t mind waiting, someone from iD will send you a private message in this forum in due course.

Good luck!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Jamesyy,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with your service here.

Has anything changed recently? For example, have you upgraded your contract?

Have you tried the SIM card in another handset or away from home at all?

Does the account show any overdue balance when you log-in?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

It seems like I just have poor reception where I live - which is odd as the coverage maps provided by iD show that I have should have a strong signal. The complete outage I had 3 days ago for a few hours has yet to happen again.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @Jamesyy, the coverage maps used by the network operators are actually based on mathematical models, not real data; sometimes the real world scenario doesn’t much the model.

Anyway, if you have a device that supports Wi-Fi Calling, you should look into getting it setup.
With this service, if you experience mobile coverage problems were you live, the Wi-Fi Calling should kick-in.

Good luck!

Why iD Mobile?