Solved

How do you change your login email?

• 8 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi I'm trying to switch from one id mobile contract to another, don't ask it's a long story. And my previous account (with my phone number) I need to switch the login email to an old one to cancel the account. However, live chat said they are unable to do this.

Next I wondering if I could potentially use my PAC code to switch to another carrier, wait for the account to close and free the email and then register and re-cancel the third party sim, and porting my number back across.

I literally want to port from one account to another and I never use my old email account, so it would be better to switch my useless account to it, and use my main email with my new id mobile contract (which is currently unregistered).

I was also told that if I cancelled my account through a port request to my another sim, or normally closed my account the email would not be freed and I could not use it for a new contract at a later date, but this sounds useless for customers returning if they switched carrier.

Thanks if you could help. It's a really annoying situation. (I'd be even fine if you could honour the new contract on my old sim and then not change my email but the change my plan doesn't have the deal).

(I will be visiting the local carphone warehouse tomorrow for an in person chat if this isn't resolved). Thanks for any help.

Many Thanks,
Calv
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 11 June 2018, 15:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @calv,

Thanks for joining and welcome to our iD Community.

I'll try to answer your questions as best as possible

Hi I'm trying to switch from one id mobile contract to another, don't ask it's a long story. And my previous account (with my phone number) I need to switch the login email to an old one to cancel the account. However, live chat said they are unable to do this.

I'm not sure if it's possible to change the username that has been registered on the account. It may be something we would need to escalate to see if it's possible.

Next I wondering if I could potentially use my PAC code to switch to another carrier, wait for the account to close and free the email and then register and re-cancel the third party sim, and porting my number back across.
I literally want to port from one account to another and I never use my old email account, so it would be better to switch my useless account to it, and use my main email with my new id mobile contract (which is currently unregistered).

You should be able to port out to a third-party PAYG SIM then port back in onto a new contract. We don't recommend it just because if there were any issues when you ported out, we can't check the systems to find out further info as it'll be with the new network provider.

I was also told that if I cancelled my account through a port request to my another sim, or normally closed my account the email would not be freed and I could not use it for a new contract at a later date, but this sounds useless for customers returning if they switched carrier.

If you cancel an account, you're able to log into that account for up to 6-months. Following this, you'd lose access so registering again shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks if you could help. It's a really annoying situation. (I'd be even fine if you could honour the new contract on my old sim and then not change my email but the change my plan doesn't have the deal).

Which plan is it that you're trying to change over to? Is it on our website currently?

Let us know how you get on, drop me a PM if you'd like to take a look at changing the email address.
I can't guarantee this is possible but I'm happy to see if there's a possibility in the slightest.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?