Solved

I can't register an account

• 10 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Every time I try to register for an account it doesn’t work (both the app and online) and I don’t know why. Please can you advise on how to resolve this problem. 

icon

Best answer by Will 12 September 2020, 18:06

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @k1897285,

We’ll certainly do our best.

What particular error message is displaying when you attempt to register?

Are you porting a number into us?

Will

Hello Will, 

It keeps saying that the “Password must be minimum 8 characters, contain at least one upper case character and a number” etc. 

The password that I am entering is definitely meeting the requirements and I am therefore very confused as to why it keeps displaying this error message. Please can you advise me on what to do next. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @k1897285 

Have you made sure there are no spaces before, after on inside of the actual password? a space at the beginning is an easy one to miss.

Will

Hi Will, 

Yes I have ensured that there isn’t a space before or after the password. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

How odd @k1897285,

And it’s the same error message on both the App and when you try to perform the action on a browser? have you tried doing this on a browser of another device?

If it’s just through the App, it may well be worth deleting and reinstalling the App.

Will

Hello, 

It is the same on the app as well as a browser. Is there anyway you can investigate this from your end?

Best wishes,

Lucy 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @k1897285,

Please ensure the password does not contain your name, it must also contain a special character.

Something for example like:

C0mmunity1&

Try using or and see if this works.

We aren’t aware of any issues when registering. 

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?