Solved

ID Account Error

• 14 December 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Has anyone been experiencing this?

Whenever I log into my ID Account, be it through the app or online on any device, there are error messages where my usage information should be and if I click on any link I get a message that says 'no valid content to display'.

I have been in touch with customer services but I'm not having any luck plus I'm a bit sick of phoning and having to go through all the menus.

Have attached screen shots. Any help would be much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by dfleck89 18 December 2018, 14:17

View original

7 replies

Badge +10
Welcome to the ID Community,

I can only guess there seems to be an issue with your account. Do you know if you are you up to date with your bills with no outstanding amounts to pay?
Is there a current SIM active on the account with a telephone number displayed at the top of your account dashboard?

Have you tried uninstalling the app and re-installing it, then tried viewing the account again?
With the online account view what browser/computer/device are you using?

I am trying to ascertain whether it's your account or a combination of app or software issues to blame.

The "no valid content to display" message tells me it's possibly an android mobile and that is a generic pop up, possibly a permissions issue with the app if links are not working!! Not sure why your account isn't showing the allowances in the app however permissions are all tied together with app scripts so if one is corrupt they all will be. Best remove the app and add it back and give it full access to the mobile when it asks for any permissions and such.

Let us know what you have tried and if anything is different.
Userlevel 1
Hi there thanks for the quick reply.

As far as I know I have no outstanding payments on my account. There is definitely a sim active on the account and the telephone number is displayed on the dashboard when I log in.

I have reinstalled the app twice and get the same issue. I have logged onto the online account on a Samsung laptop and a Macbook both running google chrome and get the same thing although the display is slightly different - instead of an error message where the allowances should be they just appear as zero even though I definitely still have texts, minutes and data. The attached screenshots are from the Macbook login.

I should mention that I am still able to access my allowance information via phoning the iD number 7777.

I have given the app all permissions that it seems to need but no change.

Badge +10
This is a very interesting account technical glitch.
The information in your screen shots are very informative thank you.
Last bill date 26 Aug 2016 with -855 days left!
Seems its been stuck in limbo since that date maybe or not?

Does that date mean anything, did you make any changes to your plan or upgrade?

What have customer services said?
Userlevel 1
That may have been the date that I took the contract out but this problem has only been happening for the last few months.

It was a few days after I told customer services about the problem that they suggested I clear the cache on the app which I did with no success obviously. They said if that didn't work to phoe them back and they would send another report to the tech department. I wanted to see if I could get quicker help online which is why I haven't done that yet but I suppose that's my next step?
Badge +10
@dfleck89 yes next step get in touch with customer services again and have it passed over to the tech department to sort out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @dfleck89,

We'd like to look at this for you.

Are you still having issues with this?

Have you tried logging in via https://my.idmobile.co.uk/

What happens?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
@Mohammed thank you for the offer however I resolved this problem over the phone with customer services a couple of days ago.

Seems like it was an issue with the login details I had been using. I think I had been using an old username and instead of rejecting it, the login was allowing me access to the account but with the faults described above.

Thank you for your help @terrywebbs

Why iD Mobile?