iD Mobile app - a message for customers on Android 4.4.4 KitKat or older

• 12 October 2018
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge
Is the operating system on your phone Android 4.4.4 KitKat or older?

Then unfortunately you won’t be able to use the iD Mobile app any more. We’ve taken this action because the technology on these older operating systems is too outdated to meet the policies we have in place to keep your account safe. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Not sure what operating system you’re on? You can quickly check this on your phone by going to Settings > System > About phone > Android version.

If your phone’s running Android 4.4.4 KitKat or older, here’s what you can do:

1. Use My Account online instead of the app.
If you don’t want to update your operating system, you can still control your account online. You’ll be able to do everything you did with the app – you’ll just be online instead. To do this, log in to My Account online here: my.idmobile.co.uk .

2. Update your operating system.
You might be able to update your Android operating system to a later version than 4.4.4 KitKat, and then you’ll be able to keep using the iD Mobile app as normal.
To do this, make sure the phone’s connected to Wi-Fi. Then go to Settings> System> About phone > Check for updates. If an update is available, an ‘Update’ button will appear. Tap it, then tap the installation message you see (depending on your current operating system, you'll either see ‘Install Now’, ‘Reboot and install’, or ‘Install System Software’).

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Why iD Mobile?