Solved

Issues with iD Account and Password Managers

New user. I have registered with the website. I use a password manager, but the damned thing won’t let me access it. The forgotten password option throws up errors … the whole thing is just a poor UX.

How the hell do I get back in?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 17 June 2022, 15:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Get a replacement p/word using this page:

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/forgot-username/-/forgot/forgotpassword

Good luck!

Tried that - doesn’t work either. It won’t recognise my details

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oh dear @3oRUE - if you have a hyphen in your surname, omit that on the rest p/word form.

Otherwise, get on to the Live Chat service for assistance. 

Yes, I found teh chat and am on with it now ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @3oRUE 

Are you still having any issues with this or have our Live Chat team managed to help you out with this?

Tom

Thank you for the follow up. No, chat did not help really. While trying to be helpful and being very polite it was entirely ineffectual - but did escalate the matter to the support team - from whom I am still waiting on a response.

To be honest, I am a little disappointed in the service so far. I have three accounts I am looking to potentially change to this network, but I have to say on the the evidence of the quality of the support on offer I don’t think the savings offered are worth the potential for serious hassle.

I will give it this week. After that unless I get some success in getting this resolved I will look at other providers.

A network is useless unless you can get support when things go wrong - and right now ID mobile’s support amounts to two fifths of naff all.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @3oRUE, my own experience is similar to yours.

Anything escalated to tech support team either vanishes into the ether or takes forever. 

Only when things go wrong, do you actually discover whether an organisation is really good or otherwise.

Yep,

Only when things go wrong, do you actually discover whether an organisation is really good or otherwise.

Only too true. I am now going to cancel this account as still nothing suggests any movement … and your reply has confirmed my suspicions.

I found out early and I only have a month-by-month account with this test sim. I was looking at 3 x 24 month contracts being migrated. Still, no harm done …

Thanks for your feedback. It has helped me decide promptly.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Yep,

… I was looking at 3 x 24 month contracts being migrated. Still, no harm done …

Indeed, another thing about iD is they don’t handle multiple accounts for one customer very well (at all).

At iD, they only allow x1 contract/plan per online account, so your 3 x 24 month contracts would’ve needed 3 separate login credentials - makes things awkward.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @3oRUE 

Sorry to hear out Live Chat team weren’t able to help you with this, if you’d like we can message you on here to see if we can get to the bottom of this for you.

Alternatively you could message our Facebook and Twitter teams so they can look into your account and see if there’s any support they can offer.

Tom

same. I have been trying all day and nothing happened. What a terrible customer service. Just automated and bot chats that can’t solve a thing. And when you write “Agent” they just close down the chat box

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

same. I have been trying all day and nothing happened. What a terrible customer service. Just automated and bot chats that can’t solve a thing. And when you write “Agent” they just close down the chat box

To get past the bot, just type “talk to a person” after connecting - anyway, good luck @Cristina Cristabel Polizzi

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Cristina Cristabel Polizzi,

We have responded to your other post, if you require further assistance please get back to us there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?