Solved

Mobile app issues - can't use fingerprint log-in

Hi can someone help me, just joined IDMobile I have the app on my phone but for some reason I have to log in with email and password every time.

I have been to my settings set up pin and touch id and I wont work i have called the customer service number no one takes your call and live chat today was not working. I find this network hard work please help.

Regards Chris 

icon

Best answer by Jason68 19 August 2020, 14:40

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @chris1685, 

Is there any prompt for another way to log-in that’s failing, or are you not presented with another option at all?

Also, what handset are you using?

Will

Hi will thabks for the reply.

All I see when I open the app it asks for my email and password i have to keep putting this in all the time to get access.

I have been into the app settings turning on pin access and fingerprint but they don't work mext time I open the app i have to put email and password in all over again, there must be a easier way to log in surely?

As for my device I am using a Samsung Galaxy note 9

Thanks 

Chris 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @chris1685, that’s very helpful.

Is it just the iD Mobile App you have this trouble with, or are any other Apps behaving this way too?

Will

Hi @Will 

No its just this app all my other apps work fine.

Have you heard of anyone else having this same issue or is there a problem with the app and it needs a update on ID's end.

Thanks Chris 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I must say, it’s a new one for me @chris1685.

Have you tried deleting it and reinstalling to see if it prompts you to allow pattern or fingerprint that way?

Will

@Will   been there done that , looks like a ID Issue

As I am not the only one having issues like this see in the app store reviews.

Thanks Chris 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @chris1685,

Which version of Android are you using?

Please try going into Settings > Apps 

Then depending on your phone it might be different, for mine it’s Apps again, but for others it could be Application Manager etc.

You want to get to the bit where the full list of applications are.

Find iD Mobile from the list and tap on this.

Then clear the Data & clear the App Cache.

Uninstall the app and then re-install it again and see if this helps.

Mohammed

Hi @Mohammed 

I use andriod 10 the latest version.

Thanks

Chrie

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @chris1685 

Did you try following the rest of Mohammed’s advice? If so, how did you get on?

Will

I've just joined ID Mobile and am having exactly the same issue. Tried deleting app cache, uninstalling and starting again. But I login, set it to fingerprint, logout and it just asks for email and password again. Other apps work fine with fingerprint, I'm on Android 10 on P20 Pro. V frustrating!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jason68, Has the finger print ever been an option on your handset and it’s stopped, or has it never worked?

Will

Hi Chris. It has never worked in this app. When app first installed, it asks if I want to use fingerprint, which I do. But when I log out and go back in it reverts to email address. Likewise I can select the option again in login preference but I get the same again. Also I can't use a pin code. The fingerprint login works fine on my other apps that offer it.

Hi Chris. It has never worked in this app. When app first installed, it asks if I want to use fingerprint, which I do. But when I log out and go back in it reverts to email address. Likewise I can select the option again in login preference but I get the same again. Also I can't use a pin code. The fingerprint login works fine on my other apps that offer it.

Just goes to show @Jason68  i am not the only one having this issue also i see others on the reviews in the app store having this issue. ID needs to sort it out its a simple thing that can be fixed.

Chris

Hello , i am trying to get in to my id on my mobile but it wont let me access my account , it coming up with error every time , this happened about two weeks ago , i go in on line but on my mobile at all , i can get into it on line as it remembers it but does the password on my pc be the same password or not , or is it the app it self , i went into carphone shop and asked them but they did not know can any body help me please thank you .

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @grounds man, I’m not quite sure I understand your message. It sounds like you’re able to log in using the website, but not the iD Mobile app, is that right? Your username and password would be identical for both, so I’m not sure why you’d only be having issues with one.

What exactly does the error say? Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app?

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?