Sticky Solved

Multiple iD Accounts - view in one dashboard?

Show first post

106 replies

It seems as though this has been a continuous problem for more than 2 years. Why has it not been resolved by now. It really shouldn’t make any difference as the info surely is stored under the number not the email address. Come on iD, you sell yourselves as good for kids in families but who wants to have an email address for every phone when you could just have 1.

Also, this should not have solved at the top as quite simply it isn’t even close to solved. You are promoting a work round that is inconvenient rather than a solution.

I can only add my frustration to those of many others in this thread. I am moving from BT and therefore having to give up on their family SIM deal.  Reviews and prices make ID the best option to transfer to, but I am not prepared or able to have 5 SIMs on 5 different emails, please please make a family profile account where multiple SIMs can be managed.

Put simply, without it I cannot see myself transferring to ID

Hi The_Viking, at this time, only a single account can be displayed for each login. We'll investigate your requirements for an overall/ family view and try to bring improvements. We appreciate your comments.

Has this been looked into over the last 4 years with multiple children now wanting phones I would much prefer all numbers to be on 1 account to control and track 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jody Brookes,

Unfortunately we don’t support managing multiple SIM’s from one account at the moment.

If this is introduced in the future we’ll notify our customers.

In the meantime, we would advise creating a new email if you only have the one email address.

Kash

hiya i've 2 sons who i've got signed up to ID mobile but i can only have 1 on the APP on my phone, id there a way to get to view both accounts either on the APP on online each month?
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@JustBettyBoo,

Unfortunately we don’t offer multiple numbers under one account.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kash

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @PaddyJoe1 & @Andy35 ,

Unfortunately, this isn't a feature at this time. I've moved your post to this topic too so that you can view further information regarding this.

Ryan
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @B3000,

Welcome to the Community!

If you are wanting to view a second SIM you would need to register the account separately.

You’ll need to use a different email address to the one you have used already. 

You can register using the link below and following the steps.

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount

If you need any assistance with registering, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @slydogjonah,

We completely agree and as per the many posts in this topic.

Gmail or Googlemail addresses can be used as:

test@gmail.com 

or t.est@gmail.com

or even t.e.s.t@gmail.com 

The email used when registering is really only for registration purposes and is treated as a plain text log-in.

Once registered, you can update the contact email, as this is the main one used for contact.

Several accounts can all have the same contact email but need to have different usernames.

Previously, we used to have usernames only like how you have on the Community.

Not sure why this was changed!

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi The_Viking, at this time, only a single account can be displayed for each login. We'll investigate your requirements for an overall/ family view and try to bring improvements. We appreciate your comments.

Has this been looked into over the last 4 years with multiple children now wanting phones I would much prefer all numbers to be on 1 account to control and track 

Use SMARTY - with their group plan, you can manage 8 SIM cards from one account. 
You also get a 10% discount for each group member, when you’ve got 2 or more members in your group.
🍀

Hi ID, I’ve read through more than a year’s worth of questions relating to linking multiple numbers to one account.   Are you listening to what your Customers are asking for? Who reads these questions within your company? Please can you tell us if you do in fact have any plans to make this change? I imagine that the change will no doubt require some internal investment to kick start a system change, but most of your competitors offer the ability to view multiple numbers on one account, so the system technology clearly exists, so what on earth is stopping you?  Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Dawson Dawson,

You need to register for an iD account here: https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount

Just use a diffferent username to one that you used previously.

Mohammed

I have a second phone on my account but no access to dashboard information for the 2nd phone?

I refuse to get an alternative email for each contract. This issue needs sorting pronto!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @GatchP 

While we are aware that this is a much requested feature of the iD Mobile app/website we unfortunately have nothing to report or announce at the moment.

Tom

2 years in and still no single login for multiple sims.

Contract nearly up so will be swapping out to a different provider.

Example, EE allows single login for multiple accounts and data swap, very handy.

With ID, i have to remember 3 passwords and email addresses if I forget,  it sends a reminder to my kids phone, not me 🙄 , not handy.

Will this ever become a feature for ID ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks for the feedback @Deepfat, and we understand your point, but for now a 2nd email address is still required I’m afraid.

Will

Likewise I have three ID Mobile SIMs which I would like to link to a single account. Can you please add this functionality to your app as soon as possible

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Likewise I have three ID Mobile SIMs which I would like to link to a single account. Can you please add this functionality to your app as soon as possible

Given OP is 5-years old @CliveHawkins, you might have expected something to be sorted by now. However, maybe adding this functionality isn’t on iD to-do list - perhaps because iD Mobile appear to be a no-frills operator.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @tonster007,

Hopefully it’s something we’re looking into.

Will

idmobile are a budget mobile provider, so I can appreciate that supporting multiple SIMs under a single online account may not have the best ROI. Just because other networks support this, doesn’t make it easy for idmobile to add it themselves.

If you’ve got a gmail / googlemail email account, you can trivially register multiple accounts by adding an alias to your email address which will still be delivered as normal, like this:

myemailhandle+mysonsname@gmail.com

Most modern browsers not only suggest secure, unique passwords but will save them too. Anyone not using a password manager like 1Password are vulnerable to account takeovers, because the human brain can only store so many unique passwords.

That being said, I’d still appreciate the ability to manage all our family accounts via a single account via the app.

Hi - has this feature (to view multiple accounts on one dashboard) been implemented yet? I note that according to the responses on this thread it was being planned over 2 years ago..

Hi @danfrancis,

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. The feature has been fed back to the team, but we don’t have any further information on when or if this feature will be implemented.

Ryan

Maybe you could ask them for an update?? I assume the development team are part of the same company as you?!

Having spoken to your support team yesterday, doesn’t sound like it!  Will be moving on closer to next bill date.

Why iD Mobile?