Sticky Solved

Multiple iD Accounts - view in one dashboard?

Show first post

106 replies

O2 do it (that I know of).  Don’t see why Id Mobile can’t.  Its not rocket science, surely?

Does anyone know of any other mobile providers who allow this? I would happily move to one if I can find one (I have 8 sims now!)

I see from the comments above that I'm redirecting an old thread, but one that needs addressing.

I just bought two mobiles/contracts in the same transaction, with 1 email address.

I have then set up the first phone and added the idmobile account to it with this email address.

I used the app to enter a PAC to keep the old number.

I then setup the idmobile app on the second phone, and tried to use a second email address but was met with a user already exists message?

so I logged in using the details I put on the first phone, entered the PAC and details to port the second number onto the second phone, all within this same account, so it has allowed me to make changes to the second account within the first.

yet I cannot see anything about the second line in the account?

both ports I'm assuming went through because both phones had the text to say it will change tomorrow, so if I can administer the 2nd account from the first, why can't I see any info on it.

It's clearly a big issue for everyone on this thread, and over 5 years since it began, so why can other networks let you see all number within one account but idmobile refuse to change?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I see from the comments above that I'm redirecting an old thread, but one that needs addressing.

I just bought two mobiles/contracts in the same transaction, with 1 email address.

I have then set up the first phone and added the idmobile account to it with this email address.

I used the app to enter a PAC to keep the old number.

I then setup the idmobile app on the second phone, and tried to use a second email address but was met with a user already exists message?

so I logged in using the details I put on the first phone, entered the PAC and details to port the second number onto the second phone, all within this same account, so it has allowed me to make changes to the second account within the first.

yet I cannot see anything about the second line in the account?

both ports I'm assuming went through because both phones had the text to say it will change tomorrow, so if I can administer the 2nd account from the first, why can't I see any info on it.

It's clearly a big issue for everyone on this thread, and over 5 years since it began, so why can other networks let you see all number within one account but idmobile refuse to change?

While you can make multiple purchases using one email address, you cannot (as yet) manage multiple iD accounts from a single username (i.e. email address). 

By default, an iD account is created for each connection (SIM card) you purchase @GatchP, whether or not you choose to register to manage your iD account online. 

From what you’ve posted, it sounds like you’ve submitted each PAC, but for the same iD account, i.e. SIM card - it seems odd that iD Mobile allow this to happen, given they only support one mobile number per iD account.

I hope you end up with the numbers you wanted to keep, being assigned to the x2 iD SIM cards you’ve acquired @GatchP - I guess you’ll know by 10pm tomorrow.

It does seem odd, but the do ask for the idmobile number that you are porting to, along with a PAC and the number you are porting.

I will be very unhappy if this isn't the case.

I have two autistic boys that are very excited to have their new phones with their existing numbers.

it would be great if I could get an answer directly from ID?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Tombloke 

Thanks for your feedback.

We are looking into this but unfortunately, sometimes there is a bigger picture to things which can take longer to implement than expected due to wider changes required.

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It does seem odd, but the do ask for the idmobile number that you are porting to, along with a PAC and the number you are porting.

I will be very unhappy if this isn't the case.

I have two autistic boys that are very excited to have their new phones with their existing numbers.

it would be great if I could get an answer directly from ID?

I’d suggest you contact iD Mobile customer service for clarification by using the online iD live chat, Facebook Messenger, or Twitter DM. 

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays @GatchP

If you’ve registered just once, to manage x1 iD account online, and then logged-in and submitted a PAC through your new “My iD Account” online, the PAC will be used with one single iD SIM card. 

You can submit a PAC, without having an online iD account, from https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @CliveHawkins 

Unfortunately we don’t have anything to announce on this at the moment, the team is aware of the want for this feature.

Tom 

Same problem for me. I would like to manage multiple sims in one account.
Userlevel 1

@Mohammed

could you pm me the details for porting my number across as I also have got two sims on one account my current sim (old) and my new sim that I want to port to

Hello @Likahey,

I have PMed you with some more information on how we can help you.

Mohammed

Can I also have a pm regarding pac code.  I have filled in a form and tried on the app to add details and it keeps coming back with errors.   Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Gillen, you need to register separately for the other account.

You can do that here, https://my.idmobile.co.uk/

You will need to use an alternative email address for the second account.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi @Deepfat We do understand there is a demand to manage multiple numbers under 1 account and this is something we are already working towards in the future.

Phil
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi I have 3 iD numbers and monthly deals - they were all registered under my email address but I can only see the first number I bought. Is there a way to view all of the numbers in the same dashboard?

Thanks

Hello @The_Viking,

I've fed back your comments and hope this is a feature made available in the future!

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi I have 3 iD numbers and monthly deals - they were all registered under my email address but I can only see the first number I bought. Is there a way to view all of the numbers in the same dashboard?

Thanks
As The_Viking above, I also have 3 iD sims (one for me and 2 daughters). I can only see the first one bought (daughter #2) and would very much want to see all three. As they all have one email (mine) I have no option to see the other numbers. Would really appreciate if this could be sorted in the near future, please. Thanks

Manus
Me again, I've just realised that I probably cant port the old numbers (I have the PAC codes from the previous provider)until this is sorted, because I can only access the app or website for the first sim card I bought. I only bought the other 2 today.
Please help.
Thanks
Manus

Hello @Mpcgoose,

We can assist with porting the numbers, I'll PM you on how we can go about doing this.

In regards to registering, we recommend registering the iD accounts with 3 separate email addresses.

This will allow you to individually manage the accounts online.

Check your PM for further steps.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
@Mohammed could you pm me the details for porting my number across as I also have got two sims on one account my current sim (old) and my new sim that I want to port to

Hello @Likahey,

I have PMed you with some more information on how we can help you.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Grant,

Thanks for sharing the feedback.

We hope it's something implemented in the near future.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I have a phone contract with ID and a data sim for wifi in my car. is there any way to have them both on the same account and not have two separate accounts with two different email addresses? its very frustrating that I cant just call someone to get answers so here we are.
Its a little more complex because I don't know the phone number for the data sim and have no way of finding out, I had to struggle through the customer service bot on the phone for about half an hour to finally set up my account with someone, thus I still don't know the number.

Hello @HJames23

I've moved your topic here as it's already been answered and one exists.

It's not something we have available but hope it's something made available in the future.

I've just encountered this same issue. Bought sims for my kids, then for me. Registered the first kid's sim to my email address and now can't do anything for the others. So frustrating! The iD website was useless for providing information on this so turned to Google search and found this thread.

I think I'm going to have to deregister and then reregister so that I can sort out my own sim card.

Luckily I have set up email addresses for my kids, so I might be able to set up again using those but only me knowing the password!

Hello @MamaLu,

I believe I've spoken to you already regarding this. I'd like to point out that it's not possible to de-register an account then re-register this.

When you register any account with an email address, that email becomes the username.

Just like how your username is MamaLu.

You'll simply use this for logging in.
You can update your contact email address in the app at any time.

The easiest solution is to register your account with a second email address.
Then update both accounts contact emails as you wish.

You can then just change the password of the original account to one your kids would like to use.
They can then login with the email username and password to track usage etc.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I have just purchased a second sim card and wish to add this to my existing account but it won't allow me. I get the message that my account is already registered to my Email address.

How do I register a new second id mobile number to my existing Email address? I would like to track both numbers on one Email account without having to go to the trouble of making up a new Email address.

Thank you

Hello @janlongworth,

There's a discussion on this already so I've moved your topic here.

It's not something we're able to offer at this point in time but has been fed back already (as above).

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Multiple SIM's on ONE account, using ONE email address......WHEN?

I see several people have raised this very basic requirement and it is something iD are looking into.
How are we to know when this is available? Because until it is I'm not moving my second phone.
Thank you

Hello @Gary

This is something we hope is available in the future but we don't have concrete dates or anything we can advise on at the moment.

Please do not make a new topic when a topic for this already exists.

Mohammed
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Likahey,

Cancelling the SIM card would not then show the second SIM card on your dashboard as you can only register 1 SIM card to one account. I have replied to your post on another topic to explain this further.

Ryan

Thanks

Hello @The_Viking,

I've fed back your comments and hope this is a feature made available in the future!

Mohammed

@Mohammed Over 3 years ago this was “fed back”! Are you any closer to resolving this annoying issue?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @richmcl,

Welcome to the iD community!

Each contract/SIM must have its own account, so unfortunately we wouldn't be unable to merge both to display on your account dashboard. We apologise for any inconvenience caused!

Ryan
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @spovey,

Welcome to the iD community!

At this moment in time, we are unable to allow two SIMs to show up on one account. You will have to register the second SIM as a new account.

Ryan

I can’t believe how bad this situation is and has been for over 2 years now reading all these posts.

I have 4 Sims with ID mobile, all registered with my email address when I purchased them, probably more than 2 years ago now. 

The ID app is installed on 3 phones ( 1 phone has 2 sims inserted) and at the time they were setup, all used  my email address for the mobile app as that was the initial email that I registered.  At no time did the app warn about not doing this.

This all worked at the time  and showed the info and  calling plan for that number.

Now however that is not the case and they show only my calling plan.  No idea when this broke, maybe it never truly worked.

Registering with different email addresses is not possible any more.  Uninstalling the app, clearing its data and trying to register again always fails saying the number is already registered.

So basically I now have 4 sims with ID but can only see information for my sim.   I have no idea what data/ calls are being used on the other sims. If I want to change, upgrade the calling plans I can’t.

So how am I supposed to fix this issue ?

How do I disassociated the other sims from my email address  so I can set them up with different email accounts,

Userlevel 1

Thanks
As The_Viking above, I also have 3 iD sims (one for me and 2 daughters). I can only see the first one bought (daughter #2) and would very much want to see all three. As they all have one email (mine) I have no option to see the other numbers. Would really appreciate if this could be sorted in the near future, please. Thanks

Manus

Me again, I've just realised that I probably cant port the old numbers (I have the PAC codes from the previous provider)until this is sorted, because I can only access the app or website for the first sim card I bought. I only bought the other 2 today.
Please help.
Thanks
Manus

Why iD Mobile?