My3 texts [SCAM]

• 14 April 2020
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I've received 2 texts from My3 over the last 2 days suggesting that I have applied for an account with My3, which I havent, one of these even gave me a password for my apparent account. It says I should contact immediately if I didn't apply for a My3 account, so what would you suggest that my next step is? Many Thanks

28 replies

Userlevel 2

Same thing here, 2 text messages from my3. First message provided a temporary password, saying I had registered with 3 and asked me to change it to a permanent one. Followed by a second message a day later stating I had completed registration and should contact 3 If I hadn't registered. 

I contacted 3 and they confirmed I didn't have an account with them and should call them if I continue to receive these messages. I've never been a 3 customer.

Userlevel 1

Yes, exactly ths same here, I have never been a 3 customer either.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @miawal @AxleTough 

iD have not sent these messages. 

Could you please confirm the number they were received from?

Regards

Aklima

Userlevel 2

Hi Aklima, there was no number. My phone just showed my3 as the sender.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @miawal @AxleTough 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Hi,

Hopefully this isn’t too late.

I’ve also just received the same message, what should I do?

Thanks, 

Emily

Hi, 

I too received these messages. They link to sso.three.co.uk which seems to have a security certificate linked to Three. But I could be wrong. 

Thanks, 

Dan. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Mrpanda @emilybrown90 

I would advise to block this number as i dont believe it is associated with iD Mobile or Three. 

Regards

Aklima 

Me too, so has ID had their data breached but not telling anyone? Clearly something is up

Same here.

Userlevel 1

Received the same text message tonight, with password included. From My3(My 3) apparently. I have not registered with My3. Who’s messing around?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @moonlander,

I’d recommend blocking the number.

Will

I have just had this issue today. 

Exactly same as the cases above asking to verify billing from My3.

Mine did have a number +447865533723 which I have now BLOCKED after reading this thread. 

I will update if I receive anymore texts with different numbers so you can investigate.

Message sent:

"My3: We have failed to take your latest bill, please verify now to avoid suspension of our services: https://3-secure-process.com/my3"

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Hopette,

Thanks for letting us know. Blocking the number is for the best; hopefully they don’t try this again from a different number!

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I have also had a text message today from My 3 and the link we to 3’s web site.   Can someone at ID explain this please as ID do use Three for the network services. 

If ID can not answer this I think we should all contact the information commisioners office and report a possible data breach

I’ve received two txts from my3 about my account. I don’t have an account though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have also had a text message today from My 3 and the link we to 3’s web site.   Can someone at ID explain this please as ID do use Three for the network services. 

If ID can not answer this I think we should all contact the information commisioners office and report a possible data breach

Hello @shack69

This has been answered in the topic already multiple times:

This is a phishing attempt and no data has been breached by iD Mobile, though I understand your concern.

Other customers who are also not on iD will have been contacted (my mother received the text and she is not with Three UK or iD Mobile).

We’d recommend blocking the number.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Mohammed,  If this is an issue that multiple people are experiencing then in the interest of your customers you may want to consider putting a block on the number at the system level rather then each person having to block the number.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @shack69,

We understand and unfortunately, the way that those organisations work, the number is changed often to remain undercover so we can only apologise for any that do manage to get through.

Ryan

Hello,

I too have had messages from My3.  And today another one. I am not a 'three' customer.  There is no phone number to block. And seeing how many people are getting this, in the best interests of their customers 'ID' should do something about it!

It's obviously a scam and looks suspicious!

Mohammed,  If this is an issue that multiple people are experiencing then in the interest of your customers you may want to consider putting a block on the number at the system level rather then each person having to block the number.

Has ID mobile shared customer data with My3? 

I’ve received the exact same messages today. I contacted Three (directly) and was told that someone with a similar phone number to mine had accidently put in my number when registering with them, so the messages had come to me - the agent then closed the chat window.

I find it implausible that this could explain so many people in the same situation and I don’t understand why there system would allow multiple messages to be sent to an incorrect number.

I want to know what’s going on!

I’ve received the exact same messages today. I contacted Three (directly) and was told that someone with a similar phone number to mine had accidently put in my number when registering with them, so the messages had come to me - the agent then closed the chat window.

I find it implausible that this could explain so many people in the same situation and I don’t understand why there system would allow multiple messages to be sent to an incorrect number.

I want to know what’s going on!

I’ve had two messages over the last day and contacted three but got the line ended on me, I believe this is due to the working from home and all. But it has made me very wary and I’m unsure on what to do?

Hello,

I too have had messages from My3.  And today another one. I am not a 'three' customer.  There is no phone number to block. And seeing how many people are getting this, in the best interests of their customers 'ID' should do something about it!

It's obviously a scam and looks suspicious!

Hi, Just wondering what you did about this as i’ve had the same text and there is no number for me to block either?

I’ve had the same- 2 messages from my3 first saying thanks for registering and second saying this is a security confirmation. I really don’t think this can be a coincidence as I only switched to iD mobile in the last 2 weeks and have never received any similar messages before when on my old network. 

This has worried me and I’d really appreciate an explanation. 

Why iD Mobile?