My3 texts [SCAM]

• 14 April 2020
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I've received 2 texts from My3 over the last 2 days suggesting that I have applied for an account with My3, which I havent, one of these even gave me a password for my apparent account. It says I should contact immediately if I didn't apply for a My3 account, so what would you suggest that my next step is? Many Thanks

28 replies

Hello,

I too have had messages from My3.  And today another one. I am not a 'three' customer.  There is no phone number to block. And seeing how many people are getting this, in the best interests of their customers 'ID' should do something about it!

It's obviously a scam and looks suspicious!

Hi, Just wondering what you did about this as i’ve had the same text and there is no number for me to block either?

Hello,

It's most likely a scam. ID are doing nothing about it which they should.  You call them and if you're lucky to speak to  a member they make excuses. When I put my point across I was advised to ignore. It is a problem at ID's end who should sort it out. Its just causing unnecessary aggregation to customers. I deleted the messages and ignore these silly txts.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Laken 

We can only advise Blocking the number is for the best; hopefully, they don’t try this again from a different number!

-Mohsin

There’s no number to block. I really think your company needs to properly investigate/take responsibility with it and reassure your customers as to how you’re using/sharing their data and phone numbers as this clearly is not just a coincidence- it is only targeting Id customers

Why iD Mobile?