Solved

Need PUK but can't connect to a live agent

• 17 November 2020
  • 30 replies

I need a PUK but every time I go to the live chat the bot says it will connect me to an agent then I get message saying try later, I've tired 20 - 30 times now

icon

Best answer by Ryan 23 November 2020, 16:23

View original

30 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Bushrabukhari,

I am sorry to hear about that, we well send you a PM now in order to offer further support here.

Ryan

I’d really appreciate a PM with my PUK unlock code.

Userlevel 2

Looking for some help please 

Userlevel 2

Same here

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Holepunch, @Thesmithjs, we’ve sent private messages to both of you now

Thank you,

Rory

i need a PUK code, and live chat will not connect ad there is no QUEUE… have to keep asking the question again and again… this is awful customer services

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Nitesh Shah,

Did you manage to resolve this?

If not please let us know and we will investigate further.

Kash

Userlevel 1

My SIM card is PUK-locked and has been so for over an hour now.

It’s frustrating enough that there is no number to call to resolve this quickly and iD users have no choice but to be reliant on message boards like this for assistance. Joke.

I’m unsure how long the paying customer is expected to wait around...? And LiveChat is not functioning so the situation is made that bit worse.

Are there any iD Mobile employees around??

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you want immediate help then you will need to persist the live chat route. Expect to be waiting a couple of days for a response here on the community forums.

Userlevel 1

Appreciate the response WelshPaul, 🙂.

The LiveChat option just isn’t working for me despite my playing around with various settings. I can’t quite believe that there is no other way to get in contact with the network provider I pay every month over such a small issue as a blocked SIM card.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

One reason why the likes of iD Mobile, Smarty, Voxi and several other MVNO'S can offer such low priced tariffs to you and me is because they don't have to pay the huge costs involved with running a call centre or centers.

However, a PUK number should (imo) and could be supplied easily enough with each SIM sent out. Would save on support requests and iD Mobile would have one less disgruntled customer on their hands. Vodafone supply a PUK with their SIM's!

Userlevel 1

Understood; although as a mobile network operator, the company really ought to ensure enough reliable options are in place so that common mobile phone issues/problems are *always* swiftly solvable and customers are not left hanging around.

I could not agree with you more - make the PUK code more easily accessible (supplying it with the SIM card would certainly save on frustration!) EE would have sorted such an issue within 10 minutes… but then I’m sure I’d be paying them more so… perhaps it’s a case of ‘you get what you pay for’.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @capitalcity22, if you’re having trouble with the Live Chat feature, I’d recommend speaking to the Facebook or Twitter teams instead.

Thank you,

Rory

I desperately need my PUK and can’t get into live chat, please help as I need my phone to keep in touch with my disabled son

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I desperately need my PUK and can’t get into live chat, please help as I need my phone to keep in touch with my disabled son

Do you mean live chat won’t start or is something else going wrong?

If you can’t use live chat get (private) assistance with your PUK enquiry from iD Mobile’s social media team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message).

Any out-of-hours messages on social media are picked-up when the social media team next start work.

Anyway, good luck.

Yes I have tried many times without success, eventually I got someone but they were unable to help, they suggested trying sim card in a different phone, they also told me that all their sim cards unlocked so um confused

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @David1960, with the iD SIM in your phone, you’re being asked for a PIN code to unlock the SIM in order to use your phone?

Did you set a security PIN for your iD SIM card? 

I don’t see why the iD agent couldn’t give you a PUK code for your SIM - unless there was a misunderstanding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @David1960 

The SIM card shouldn’t be locked at all, if the device is locked that’s a different issue. I’d recommend getting in contact so we can identify the issue and help from there via the Live Chat!

Tom

Hi, I went to where I got the phone but unfortunately they didn't have a workaround so I had to do a factory reset which sorted out the problem but had to re install all my apps, 🤔

Userlevel 1

HI, I have locked my sim by entering incorrect pin 3 times, need 8 digit PUK code but live chat is not available. please advise. Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

HI, I have locked my sim by entering incorrect pin 3 times, need 8 digit PUK code but live chat is not available. please advise. Thanks

Okay @Kazim Hafeez, I’d recommend contacting the iD social media team for assistance, using facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message) - they’ll be able to help with PUK code for your account.

FYI, any out-of-hours private messages left on social media are picked-up when the iD social media team next start work.

Good luck.
🤞

Userlevel 1

Okay @Kazim Hafeez, I’d recommend contacting the iD social media team for assistance, using facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message) - they’ll be able to help with PUK code for your account.

FYI, any out-of-hours private messages left on social media are picked-up when the iD social media team next start work.

Good luck.
🤞

Thanks

I also need a PUK code urgently, can’t get the Live-Chat to work, not even searching for it. Please contact me via my email address hpanterjones@gmail.com  to get my android phone working again. I can’t even get on my Facebook page when sign in, it sends me a text on phone! When tried other means wanted me to send ID details, as though I was a new person on Facebook! Have many 2-step id set up, which uses my phone for the code.   

• Like Bushrabukhari  above, can you send me an PM please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @HeatherPJ,

Welcome to the Community!

We have sent you a PM and you can get back to us there with the information we have requested.

Kash

Thanks, but have now got the PUK code yesterday after being online from 9.30 to 12.40 when finally got the Live chat to pop up, after altering a setting to allow it. No mention on your website I’d need to do this.

Just hope I never have this problem again! 

Why iD Mobile?