Question

number not fully transferred - port question

• 3 October 2020
  • 5 replies

My old number seems to have transferred but when I make an outgoing call or text, a different number appears, so people do not know it is me texting or calling?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello there @Addison2006 

Are you by chance using an iPhone?  If so, this may well be due to your iPhone settings not having reflected the number you’re now using with the phone (the old one you ported over).

Could you go to Settings > [Your Profile] > Name, Numbers, Emails
and then ensure within there that the correct number is showing?

You may possibly need to log out of iCloud or Apple ID in order to make the change.

Another method that has worked in the past for others is as follows...
Turn off the iPhone > Take out your SIM
Turn the iPhone back on (no SIM) > Leave on for a minute or so.
Pop the iD Mobile SIM back in the iPhone > Turn back on.

Hi, this has happened on a huwawei. Most contacts are receiving ok my ported number. But some contacts are texting from the iD number. Not the number I ported. 
When I ring those contacts it’s fine. Just a few contact in my phone that it is showing as the iD number. Please advise what to do. 
yes the phone has been turned off and on again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Gillian Pleasance,

Did you manage to resolve this or do you still require assistance?

You may need to update the number in the message app settings, but let us know which model and we can assist further.

Kash

No. It’s still remains unresolved. You can’t contact anyone at iD it seems to get the issue resolved so will just have to live with it until the contract expires and go back to a bigger provider with better customer services.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, this has happened on a huawei. Most contacts are receiving ok my ported number. But some contacts are texting from the iD number. Not the number I ported. 
When I ring those contacts it’s fine. Just a few contact in my phone that it is showing as the iD number. Please advise what to do. 
yes the phone has been turned off and on again. 

This post has been superseded by the “number not fully ported” topic.

Why iD Mobile?