Solved

PAC Code Not Working

Hi there

I am trying to port my number to a new network provider and I am receiving an invalid PAC when using the ID Mobile app and the SMS service.

My code starts with TEL and I understand it should start with VTM.

Can someone assist me with getting a valid PAC please?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by KHADIJA 4 May 2020, 20:24

View original

60 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @freijasama 

Sorry to hear you are leaving us. 

Some codes do start with TEL, this does not mean its incorrect. 

Has you're new networked confirmed this is correct? 

Thanks  

Hello,

This will not actually help you, but I too have just been given an invalid PAC code starting ORG. Very infuriating in that there is no one at ID to talk to. The people you get via the chat function know nothing, do not care or both. I think the only answer is to wait for the code to expire and then try again.

Stephen

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @freijasama and @stephenB 

Apologies, for the issue you are having with the PAC code.

I have sent you a direct message with some further information. 

Regards,

Pav

Hi I am having this issue too.  I moved from EE to iD mobile last week and successfully ported my number using an EE PAC code.  I have decided to move away from iD mobile due to signal in my area and have requested a PAC code and iD mobile have given me the same one that EE gave to me last week!

@PavD can you help me?

Userlevel 1

me too

Hi,

I have just moved to id mobile from Vodafone.  I have used the online form to transfer my Vodafone number to id using my PAC code.  Getting text messages saying there is an error and to contact customer services.  Can't get anyone on chat to deal with this.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi I am also having an issue which I wrote about in a post on Tuesday with no response. I have spoken to EE and they have advised me to ask yourselves to delete the current PAC code and reissue a new one that will work.

Thanks, 

Ann

Exactly my experience. This day I have been emailed by Ryan, who works for ID Mobile, and I am slightly more hopeful that they will fix this problem.

Stephen

My PAC code issued from vodaphone is saying it’s invalide on the ID website too

I've been issued with a talktalk PAC code to transfer my number to I'd.  Tried to do the transfer via the website and got a text saying there was an issue and to talk to customer services, but no one in customer services... Call centre closed and live chat closed.  Tried installing the app and just get the message phone number or PAC code incorrect despite me checking a lot of times that they aren't.   Any suggestions other than to pick a different network to transfer to!!! 

I'm trying to use my pac code starting with VTM but it is not recognised.

The replacement PAC code worked and I have been able to move my number to EE. I will close this post.

Hi, I am also having the same issue. My PAC number begins with ONE and EE is saying it is invalid

Hi.I received my pac code from ID.

I sent to my new provider,but pac code doesn't work.How can I get new one?

Customer service not available at this time 

Same problem

Hi,

i’m trying to port my number from vodafone to ID, I’ve got a PAC code and I’ve completed the online PAC form on the ID website but when i click submit it says at the top in red that all fields must be completed - they are. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? I’m not getting a confirmation email or anything explaining that there are any other issues

Thanks

Claire

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @CLG32 

I have sent you a private message with more information.

Regards 

Aklima 

Thanks for the reply suggesting I contact customer services, but unfortunately they’re unavailable so if anyone else has any advice that would be great. Thanks 

Hi, Is there any simple solution to this?, I am just changing my ID contract to a iD sim only monthly plan so requested a PAC as I am doing it outside of my contract (still have a month to go) iD sent me a PAC code and now the Switch online form is saying it is invalid? ….Help please!!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @ALC 

If you are switching from iD to another iD SIM/Contract.

You do not require a PAC.

Could you please confirm this is the case? 

Aklima

Hi, yes it is an existing iD contract that finishes 27.05 but moving early to a sim only monthly deal

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @ALC 

You can simply change your plan to a 30-day SIM in the app at the end of your contract.

It’s really quick and usually takes a few hours, before your new plan is live. You can find out how to change your plan https://community.idmobile.co.uk/plan-change-69/how-to-change-your-plan-31884

Once you’re out of your contract, there won’t be a fee to change your plan, however your first bill after you process your change may look a bit different than usual.

If you’ve already paid for your old plan, then you process a plan change, we’ll be sure to credit you for the over payment, and this will appear on your next bill. So, you don’t have to do it on the day your contact ends, as we’ll credit the difference, but if you’re changing your plan and not upgrading, do it after your contract ends.

Once you’ve changed your plan to a 30 day SIM, you can change your plan once every 30 days, so it’s worth keeping an eye on what’s available for you to change to. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Trying to move from I.D to virgin but the PAC code I’ve revived says it’s invalid. Any chance I could get some help as there is no one to phone.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Archjackson 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Hi 

I am having issues with the PAC CODE and it is not working. I am receiving a pac code starting with GG instead of receiving one with VTM. I would to like go back to my original sim provider which is giffgaff but I am unable to because of the code. I have tried to get in contact with ID mobile through live chat and calls. 

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this.  can someone get back to ASAP.

Khadija

Why iD Mobile?