Solved

pac code not working

• 31 December 2020
  • 14 replies

I have just signed up to Id on a new contract and want to keep my old number. I passed on my pac code to carphone warehouse yesterday when I joined and I have tried to input it on the app with my  old mobile number and I keep getting an error message. I am currently paying for two contacts which is not what I signed up for. Finding it slightly infuriating that I cannot speak to someone about this? If it doesn’t get sorted ASAP I will revert back to my old mobile and send this one back. 

icon

Best answer by Michelle 6 January 2021, 18:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Gabshabib 

Are both the contracts you’re referring to both on iD Mobile?  Or is one with another network?

See we cannot move an iD Mobile number from one account to another, number ports can only ever be done when you’re switching from another network.

You would always be advised to do an upgrade on an existing number you had if you’re looking to retain a number yet enter a new contract or change your tariff etc.

If you are moving from another network.  Then you should be able to register the new iD Mobile account on our website here: https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount You need to ensure you’re using the iD Mobile we gave you with that new SIM when registering an account for the first time.

Then once inside, you can provide your PAC (code) and your number you’re looking to bring over.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi, I’m moving from 02 to ID, I have registered and attempted to move my old number over using the link above several times but I receive an error message saying pac number/mobile not recognised. I have tried this over and over again. Have phoned carphone warehouse (unable to help) have called 02 who cannot reissue a new pac code. If this is not resolved by tomorrow I will return handset as this is usually very straightforward to do and I find it infuriating that no one is able to help me on this immediately. I am currently paying for two contracts which was never my intention when I signed up for this deal. Please advise ASAP today otherwise I will be returning the handset tomorrow. 

Hi I haven’t heard back from you and this issue has been going on for too long, it doesn’t fill me with confidence to be locked into a 2 year contract when I can’t even get set up properly

so I will be contacting Carphone Warehouse to return my handset today.

just wanted to give you feedback as due poor support on this issue and the inability to speak to someone direct/in person you have lost a new customer in the first week. 

Hello, I have spoken to Carphone Warehouse this morning and I have requested they terminate my contract. They are arranging a collection next week. My old number (from 02 ending in 557) had yet to transfer my end although carphone warehouse say the port has been successful according to their system. I don’t want to loose this number, do I need a PAC code from you to take this number over to another network provider? Or should I use the original PAC code from O2? Please advise? I do not want to loose my old original number.

Hello, I still have not heard back? This is so infuriating and terrible customer service when it’s my only way of contacting you. Please provide a pac code ASAP (for my number ending in 557 which is yet to port but has been validated) so I can move onto another network. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Gabshabib 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and help you with your number port.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

I moved from Vodafone to iD but because of bad coverage I have had to move back to Vodafone. The pac code is the wrong one and I need a new one to take my number with me but you keep sending me the old one. Can you please send me a new one ASAP as I have to send this phone back tomorrow 

magda

Userlevel 1

Please can you respond to  me…. I am a key worker and NEED my phone. 

Userlevel 1

Apparently you will keep charging me until i get the pac code…. but if i cannot get a response then how do you justify that, I am really not happy. I cannot believe that there is no way of speaking with a person….

Userlevel 1

I first requested the pac code on 05.01.21. Two days later and nothing from you. So, i will be cancelling my direct debit. I want the pac code asap please.

Userlevel 1

Please can someone contact me today!!!!! This is ridiculous.

Userlevel 1

I want the pac code for my number ending 869. Please can you send it to me. Not the same one i provided from Vodafone. A new one.

Please can you send me my Pac code so I can leave. I cannot handle this poor service for 2 years. I need ASAP. I’ve replied to your private message. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @magdamal,

We’re not a live chat channel so posting multiple replies won’t generate a quicker response I’m afraid. We’ll send you a PM now.

@Gabshabib, my colleague should have sent you a message to help resolve this.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?