Question

PAC invalid from O2

• 5 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi.  Just received my iD SIM card but the pac code is showing invalid from 02 which is stopping me from transferring my old number.  Anyone offer any help ? 

thanks. 

9 replies

My pac code from 02 to teleport my old number keeps showing as error.  Any ideas why iD app is saying this ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Pearso53 

What error message did you receive when trying?

How long ago was it you got the PAC (code) from O2?  As PAC (codes) would only be valid for 30 days from when they were requested you see.

It might be worth having that PAC checked with O2 if it’s potentially invalid.

Have you registered your iD Mobile SIM on our website (here), if not please do so.  Being sure to use the iD Mobile number that came with the SIM when registering.

Once registered you’ll be able to submit your PAC and number within the My Account area online or through the iD Mobile App usually.

Keep us posted here with how you’re getting on.

Hey.  I kept trying to port my number but it kept saying error.  The next day the number was actually ported so I’m guessing the web page had an issue.  Anyone reading this just give it 24 hours and hopefully the number will be changed even if an error message is displayed.  All sorted. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Ah, good to hear that’s sorted @Pearso53 

It could be that when clicked submit originally, that it went through fine.

Then subsequent attempts you sent just to try and get peace of mind or whatnot had been showing as erroneous due to the request already being in place on your account.

Still, all is well.  Let us know if you ever need us again here. 

Will do, many thanks for the reply.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No worries @Pearso53, anytime.

Will

Porting a number from 02. Being told by Id thats invalid and then Im cut off by 02 and the number still hasnt ported. Customer service and complaints team have been useless in getting me any information. And have spent over 13 hours over 4 working days to try and resolve this matter. Anyone else know how to deal and escalate complaints. Or the ombudsman who regulates these companies? I 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Porting a number from 02. Being told by Id thats invalid and then Im cut off by 02 and the number still hasnt ported. Customer service and complaints team have been useless in getting me any information. And have spent over 13 hours over 4 working days to try and resolve this matter. Anyone else know how to deal and escalate complaints. Or the ombudsman who regulates these companies?  

Hello @Aimee123, OFCOM’s rules state the gaining mobile network provider is fully responsible for getting the port completed within 1 working day of receiving the PAC - all the UK mobile operators signed-up to this. 

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Aimee123,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Why iD Mobile?