Solved

Password problems and Is there a list of the password special passwords characters on the website

• 15 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I have been having a nightmare logging into the iD app on my phone despite taking care entering a password that works in my iD account on my laptop. It asks for a Username or email address and password and then rejects it for an incorrect username. I entered my email address and password and by now I have had 5 failed attempts and am locked out for another 30 minutes. There is no option to reveal the password and I cant resize or use the screen in landscape mode.

I spoke to someone in customer support and she told me to use exactly 8 characters and did not acknowledge that 8 was the minimum number. My password has a cap letter, 4 small case letters, 4 numbers and a £ symbol as a special character. My first iD password was similar with % as the special character. I tried changing my password again this morning on my laptop before I phoned iD and it rejected my new password about 3 times on the laptop and then it said my actual password was not quite right. That's the one I signed in with.

Is there a list of the accepted special characters somewhere in the main website. I can't find it. If passwords are rejected the pop up should show what is required for a password to be accepted.

This is my second Community ID as I could not log back in on my original Mabel identity. I used my email address as my username and that was not accepted. To avoid having to speak to another CS assistant I decided to register again in order to get help from actual users.

On the plus side, the Dashboard and Account details look great on the Laptop. Can't say for the app.

Can you please help.
icon

Best answer by Ryan 16 July 2018, 17:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Do I have to register on the app as well as registering on my iD account. It's letting me enter the tel no, my last name and date of birth but will not proceed any further. It is not showing any errors so I presume I do not have to register again if I have registered in my iD account on the laptop.
Userlevel 1
Copied from another reply on this subject. I have enlarged it slightly and put a space between each character. This needs to be where on the website where acceptable passwords are specified.

*@ ! # % & ( ) ^ ~ { } $

Why no £ sign, I wonder. I have used the £ sign and it worked in a password on my laptop iD sign in but nothing seems to work in the iD app on my phone. I also tried to sign in to the iD app on my 10 inch tablet and still get the message that the password & the email do not match.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Figgis,

You will not have to register again, the same account can be used on each device.

In regards to the special characters, we are working towards including more of them or even removing the restriction altogether and the site will be updated accordingly. We're sorry for this initial inconvenience and your feedback has definitely been taken on board.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?