Question

Pin & Fingerprint Log In not working

Userlevel 2

Despite being set up as fingerprint log in, since Android update 2 weeks ago i can only sign in with email and password on Galaxy a20e. Even if i swap the sign in setting to PIN i still have to use password and email. I have a feeling its the app again and as usual our provider ID is DOING NOTHING!!! yet again. We cant ring to get help, cant email.…

Very annoying ID

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Sincere apologies for such frustrations there @Spike. kie 

I’ve not heard of a recent surge of Android/ iD Mobile App issues myself, but I’ll pass your feedback on this one on in order to try and find out more on this issue.  We’ll hopefully have an update for you here within the coming 3-4 days.

Rest assured we’d never sit idly doing nothing with things like this.  It’s always easier said than done to implement certain features, and security is always the most important thing we’d consider.

Userlevel 2

I understand that, and forgive me for being a little annoyed in my “question” but others on here have mentioned the issue. If security is such an important issue, why has the problem been going on for two weeks!

I look forward to the problem being sorted, but like others in the past, ID does drag its heels!

I've also found that the app has stopped accepting my fingerprint to login. 

It used to work fine but after the upgrade doesn't work anymore. 

Userlevel 2

Hello @SimonB  and  @Spike. kie,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Our team have worked hard to ensure the app functions securely on all the latest browsers and devices, however, recent Android 10 Operating System updates have made some key changes to the way biometric login functions work on devices with this feature.  As always, our priority of keeping the security of customers’ accounts in mind, we made the decision to hold back from delivering biometric capability on Android 10 for this particular update to the iD Mobile app.   We can confirm that biometric login functionality is supported on Android 9 platforms.

As an alternative, an option is to utilise Samsung Pass,  the inbuilt password manager available on Samsung devices. This will allow you to save your iD Mobile password and access the iD Mobile app through Samsung Pass using biometric authentication. 

We will be looking to update Android 10 biometric functionality support as soon as possible.

If are you are trying to use biometric capability on Android 9 and you are finding this is not functioning properly, please can you let us know.

Many thanks

Userlevel 2

Hi Sophia,

Thanks for letting us know. Perhaps it may be a good idea to send out an email to all customers , so they know about the ussue and don't spend hours trying to fix it or equally spend time trying to look up fixes, as i did and i guess SimonB did. If i had received an email 2 weeks ago, it would have been very helpful , so an email to all users now would save time for many users!

Spike. Kie

Userlevel 2

Hello @Spike. kie  

Thank you for the feedback, we have taken this on board.  

Have a lovely day.

Many thanks

Sophia

Since the app update I can not use the fingerprint login and because of the stupid requirement for exceptionally complex passwords it it annoying to use now. 

I set up the fingerprint so I don't have to remember the password in the first place. 

I am not using a Samsung device but something by huawei. 

Fix it please 

Userlevel 2

Hello @SimonB,

We can confirm that the password requirement have updated in our last release, so it will now be possible for you to set a different password.

Please let us know if you have any issues doing so.

Many thanks

Sophia

If possible, as mentioned many times previous. Could the password (very complicated, annoying)   be somehow simplified.     I was previously with virgin mobile and their app was much simpler.

Barry

Why iD Mobile?