Port number from O2 to ID

• 14 January 2021
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1

Filled form in online with PAC code etc to move number from O2 and got no confirmation etc.  Went onto online chat to be told the request had failed and that they would process it for me, but I have still had no text confirmation etc.  Should I receive anything or will I only get a text tomorrow when the number is due to transfer?

18 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @DT99,

You’d only get the text message once it’s all gone through. Have you had any messages from your previous network on that number, or has the line disconnected?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi Will,

My number has now ported across and is working fine, but thanks for replying.

I am having the same issue! I put all the stuff in then got a message to say there had been an issue so I done it again and now nothing it’s doing my head in 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Staceynorwood 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks

Michelle 

Same issue, please contact me.

Same issue please contact me

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @mattiron, @Beck could you elaborate a little more on your cases?

If it’s simply that your number has yet to port over, then please could you do the following:

1. Register your iD Mobile account (here).  Ensure you use the number we gave you with your SIM when doing so.
  2. Once logged in to your own account.  Click on “Keep My Number” option within your profile there.
  3. Provide the PAC (code) and number you wish to move and that will then come over to us within 1-2 working days.

PAC (codes) only have a 30-day lifespan, so if the PAC itself has expired you would need to request a new one from your old network.

I've got the same issue and it's been a week since I submitted my PAC code from O2. I've got in contact twice and the first time I was told that the technical team would contact me within 48 hours to which they haven't. Then I was told today that my number would port in by 10pm which it has not! This is ridiculous!!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I've got the same issue and it's been a week since I submitted my PAC code from O2. I've got in contact twice and the first time I was told that the technical team would contact me within 48 hours to which they haven't. Then I was told today that my number would port in by 10pm which it has not! This is ridiculous!!

Hello @Aden Howard,

When I switched to iD Mobile and used my PAC, I was also told my port might not happen until up to 10pm on the day of the port, and might take until midnight.

From what you’ve said, it could be that your sounds like your port might not have been completed.

1) Do you still have your old SIM - maybe check if that’s still active?

2) If your old SIM is not active, then turn off your phone for a least 15 minutes and try again?

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Aden Howard,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

I’m having the same issue, also get error message on ID app when putting PAC code in

also do I activate the sim you sent first before adding PAC 

I am unsure if this is being processed or not 

Can you private message me to help please? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m having the same issue, also get error message on ID app when putting PAC code in

also do I activate the sim you sent first before adding PAC 

I am unsure if this is being processed or not 

Can you private message me to help please? 

If it’s a ‘new’ SIM, i.e. you’ve just joined iD, the SIM will normally be supplied activated.

So just pop it into your 3G capable handset and you’re good-to-go.

Userlevel 1

I plan to move my old number over to ID Mobile.

I’m yet to see where exactly I should submit the PAC to on my ID Mobile account

Would be grateful for heads up 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Aba,

If you wish to port your number, you can do so by visiting the link below:

https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/

If you require any assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Hi, I'm also having the same issue. Tried several times and I keep getting the same error message:

“We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted. Please check that you have provided the correct details and try again.”

please can you help?

thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@ComfortAyimah,

Can you confirm that your transaction number starts with a 4 and also you are entering your surname in all capital letters?

Kash

I bought my phone from mobiles.co.uk and put in a PAC code when buying. The port from O2 to iD mobile was set to happen on the 22nd May but i don’t have a switch over yet. My network has cut-off on my old phone but nothing has changed on my new one. I got an email that i would need to use my transaction number but i have no been given the option to input it anywhere.

i have an iPhone 14.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @tashad 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?