Solved

Port number to ID

• 5 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I am in the middle of bringing my number to ID.
1. Do I need to keep my new ID sim active in order for the porting process to take place?
2. If i don't, and only continue using my old sim (cause I don't want to miss out on important calls until the porting), will it be a problem?
3. Will I be notified on my number (that i plan to keep) of porting completion? Or would I only be notified on my new ID sim (which will then have my number that i want to keep)?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 September 2018, 15:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @ramanroks,

Welcome to our iD Community!

1) You don't need to be using that SIM or have it active for the port to process. It'll be done in the background even if you're not using a phone at all (as long as you've submitted a request that is).

2) If you continue using your old SIM that's fine, but you may notice service issues whilst your number is switching over. In an ideal world (or if you've got a dual phone) you would use both SIMs to make the most out of it all! It's fine if you can't, just be prepared for the day your number will complete porting as you'll suddenly lose services on your old SIM. Best to keep that new SIM in your wallet safe.

3) You'll be notified via text when your number port completes. This goes to your ported number, but that will be on the new SIM.

Hope that answers your questions.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1

Ported 3 days ago nothing working been told it may be 7 days someone joking  right this is a business sim

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Stephen Cooper,

Are you sure you’re on the right forum? Just that we at iD Mobile don’t sell business lines you see.

Will

Why iD Mobile?