Premium feature in account services

• 3 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the premium toggle switched off in my account, which says that it will stop me from sending premium calls/texts. However I have still been charged for a premium text. When I asked customer services, they said I need to change my bill cap to £0. But if this is the case, what is the point of the premium toggle in account services?

I thought the whole point of the toggle was to stop me from sending premium texts/calls, but still have my bill cap set to £5, in case I need to use other out of plan services like nternational calls.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Did you send the text before or shortly after enabling the bar? It’s possible that it takes a bit of time to kick in on the account?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Potentially. I can't say for certain. This could be a perfectly reasonable explanation. 

But am I right in saying that with the toggle switched off, I shouldn't be allowed to use premium numbers? And therefore shouldn't be charged, even if my bill cap is set to £5?

I was just confused from the response I got from customer services, which is why I thought I'd ask on here.

Thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

That option prevents the making and sending of premium calls and texts…

With a £5 cap in place you’d still be charged for receiving a premium text but you won’t (or shouldn't) be able to send any.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for your input. That's how I thought it worked. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @ReeceG, just to echo previous replies, I can confirm that disabling Premium features will only prevent outbound services, not inbound.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?