Question

reset password but lost phone so can't receive texts

• 17 March 2021
  • 9 replies

Can you please help reset my password as I have forgotten the password to access my account and I have lost my phone so can’t receive texts.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mlward 

We are sorry to hear that, we can help with trying to reset your password. Are you wanting to put a block on your sim as you have lost your phone?

-Mohsin

Hi, thanks. I need to reset my password for my account so I can access it but my sim is used for data only in my car and I have no phone that can take it to receive texts. Saying my phone was lost in the query was the simplest way to describe it. 

Martyn

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mlward 

Have you tried speaking to our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network team as they will be able to assist you further with this. If you are unable to get through to anyone on Live Chat, please let us know and we will send you a Private Message to help with this.

-Mohsin

Hi 

Yes I have tried unsuccessfully to reach a Human but couldn’t get beyond the bots over multiple attempts. This appears to be the only way to get a sensible response! A PM would be great thanks. 
martyn

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @mlward,

Are you able to put the SIM Card in a phone at all? This will be the quickest way to resolve, as we can provide the code once requested, but the code is only valid for 15-minutes so may expire by the time you’ve get the message to use this.

Mohammed

Hi

Unfortunately all of our phones are locked to our current main provider so I don’t have a phone to receive texts with this SIM card. Can you send a code to an email? My email address is 

martyn.ward@ntlworld.com

Martyn

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mlward 

Unfortunately, we can not send the codes to the email address. This can only be sent via text to the sim card. It would be best to try using the sim on another phone, I know you mentioned that your other phones are locked to the main provider, however, please double check this as most phones are sold unlocked to all networks. 

Thanks

-Mohsin

OK thanks. I’ll sort it out.

Martyn

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No worries @mlward,

Please let us know if you do require further assistance with anything else in the future.

Will

Why iD Mobile?