Question

Returning customer

• 4 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I was previously with ID and after a few months break have bought a new phone from your site.

I ordered this using my old email address which was accepted by the ID site, but when I log in to the app I am offered a limited menu. It will not give me the ability to register the phone against the existing account and I’m not willing to open another email account just to run a single phone log in.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Ian Cooper,

Unfortunately, at iD Mobile you can only have one contract per account, which means each account needs a unique email address (even if the old account was closed).

You might be able to create an alias for the email address you used for your old iD My Account, but that will probably depend on your email service provider.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I was previously with ID and after a few months break have bought a new phone from your site.

I ordered this using my old email address which was accepted by the ID site, but when I log in to the app I am offered a limited menu. It will not give me the ability to register the phone against the existing account and I’m not willing to open another email account just to run a single phone log in.

Hey @Ian Cooper,

The username is only a text based username.

You can always update your contact email later on as this is where we send emails.

2 accounts can’t have the same username but they can share a contact email.

I can see you hae a Gmail address. For Gmail emails, Gmail will ignore full stops.

If you register the same email but just put a full stop after the first letter it will work, but just means you need to always log-in using the full stop.

Emails will still go to your email despite the full stop but if you’re sceptical, you can still update the contact email after (though this won’t be needed).

e.g. Test@gmail.com is also t.est@gmail.com or t.e.s.t@gmail.com 

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?