Solved

santander OTP messages not being recieved

• 13 November 2020
  • 7 replies

I’ve just switched from O2 to ID and my One Time Passcodes are not coming through from Santander so I can’t access any banking.  Santander say the problem is not their end.  I’ve been on the live chat and the call handler insists it’s a Santander issue but looking at these threads it’s clearly and ID issue . This is very dissapointing and not what I want 5 days into a new partnership contract. 
I would like confirmation that the tech team are working on this issue as stated in ID replies to others experiencing the same issue within the ID community forum.

This would go a long way to repairing our new relationship 

icon

Best answer by Christiemarin 26 November 2020, 20:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @Wiggum77 and welcome to the iD Community.

We’ve sent you a private message just now so that we can help with this.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Our Tech Team should definitely be able to get this resolved quite quickly for you once we’ve sent that over.

Userlevel 1

Can you help me too with the same problem!🙏

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Christiemarin,

We have recently been informed that a workaround at the network level has been introduced in order to help with OTP issues. If you restart your phone and try this again, are you still not receiving SMS messages from Santander?

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan, yes I rebooted my phone and also got Santander to reset everything their end. It seems to be working now thankfully!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Ryan, yes I rebooted my phone and also got Santander to reset everything their end. It seems to be working now thankfully!

Glad to hear you were able to get this sorted, I did send you a PM just now but you can disregard this :)

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I was having similar problems and it only turned out that, somehow their number which ends with 6337 was on my blocked list. I unblocked it and everything started working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I was having similar problems and it only turned out that, somehow their number which ends with 6337 was on my blocked list. I unblocked it and everything started working.

Thanks for sharing that @Zak-well,

It can vary for everyone.

Sometimes being blocked numbers, sometimes it’s the number being wrong on x companies system and even sometimes messages are being sent to a different app.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?