Solved

Security Code Texts Not Being Received

• 4 December 2018
  • 24 replies

Hi there, I'm trying to reset my password and the security code texts aren't coming through. Ive put in the correct phone number and tested that the phone in general can receive texts and it's fine. Can someone help so I can reset my password and set up my phone? Thank you!
icon

Best answer by Kevin 12 December 2018, 14:57

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi Rosie,

Please call ID Customer Services number from your phone on 7777 and they will be able to help you further

Best Regards
Ian
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Alternatively @RosieChad you may be able to get hold of our Live Chat Team through here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us

Do you have the SIM of the iD phone you're trying to get a password reset in the phone?
As that would be where the codes would get texted.

Kevin

not receiving security code text...i have already put the new sim card in my phone

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @penguinpant 

We are sorry to hear are not receiving the security code. We will send you a Private Message so we can look into this further.

-Mohsin

I'm trying to register my account but can’t do it as the security code text isn’t coming through. I am trying 6th time since 1 hour and still nothing. 

Any ideas

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@p_bratinova,

I can see that we have sent you a Private Message.

Please let us know if you require further assistance there and we can help you out.

Kash

Userlevel 1

@p_bratinova,

I can see that we have sent you a Private Message.

Please let us know if you require further assistance there and we can help you out.

Kash

I am having the same issue from the sound of it, how do you recommend I solve this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Charlieoleary,

Unfortunately, it seems we can’t get the codes manually either so this wouldn’t work.

We can only advise on waiting as we’re working on fixing this.

Is there anything you needed to do in the app specifically? We may be able to help in the interim.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Yes, I am trying to get an upgrade that I am due.

I am having similar problem, I am not recieving security code

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Charlieoleary & @Beka Baiashvili,

Sorry about that.

We’re working on this and investigating the issue and as soon as it’s fixed you’ll be able to get into the account to perform these actions.

Codes aren’t currently being sent as we look into this.

Apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the information my friend. You have been very helpful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you for the information my friend. You have been very helpful!

Glad to hear that @Charlieoleary,

It should be fixed now by the way.

Try requesting one again.

Mohammed

I’m attempting to activate my new SIM but the text message is not arriving. I’ve used the email option as well without success

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Alang46,

I would advise contacting our Live Chat Team and the team can provide you with the code once you request it.

Let us know how you get on.

Kash

I am not receiving the verification code to upgrade my Sim.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Garry Bazely,

Are you receiving regular messages? How many bars of signal are currently showing?

Will

I am not receiving my security code via text 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Eva McCrory,

I can see that we have replied to your other post and we’ll get back to you there.

Kash

Hi, I’ve recently joined ID mobile and had my number transferred from my old network to my current sim. 

I’ve tried to login to my mobile banking apps but none of the security texts are coming though, I have spoken to an online assistant and she said there’s nothing they can do, does anyone know how to fix this issue?? 

thanks a lot 

Userlevel 2

Is the correct number showing in your phone settings? Do you get text messages from other mobiles?

Yeah, the correct number is showing and I’m receiving texts from other mobiles 

Userlevel 2

That’s strange. I thinks banking apps register accounts alongside the physical sim, so if the sim has changed maybe that is why. Have you tried contacting the bank?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Jennie Tipper, just checking in to see if you still need help with this? If so, the Live Chat team should be able to help

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?