Solved

Settling accounts

I was made unemployed a little while ago and my payments on the account suffered. Then I managed to gain employment, and as I was then able to start making regular payments, this plandemic started. So, as a consequence, the call centers have been closed (understandably) but that leaves me (and other customers, evidently) unable to clear outstanding arrears and prevent any negative impacts on their credit ratings. 

Also, the live chat option on the website isn't available. 

The bill I wanted to sort out was just over £90, and is now almost £250. I have made reasonable attempts to pay this, but both the app and the website have stated that my account is closed and to speak to an advisor. I'm now stuck.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 10 July 2020, 20:03

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Munno,

You can make a payment by calling 0333 003 7777 and waiting for the automated message to end.

Following that, enter your iD mobile number, select option 2 and then option 2.

you can then make a manual payment ot clear your balance.

Mohammed

Hi. I have followed the above advice, and still have not been able to make contact or have been able to make the payment.

This is now completely unacceptable, and I will be making a complaint to both OFCOM and the FCA. 

Thank you. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Munno , that’s a shame. What happened when you tried?

Will

I followed the advice previously given. As I was not able to speak to someone, I again went through the same procedure and opted to pay part of the outstanding balance, in the hope of being able to speak to someone in the not too distant future, and when prompted tried to make a payment through the automated system, then it failed to take the payment... Twice!

I am really not happy about this. It is damaging to my credit rating, and I'm being asked to pay for a contract I no longer have because I am not a customer anymore. 

I have made numerous attempts to sort the account out. I understand the current situation is making it very difficult to overcome, however... Other call centres and offices have managed to overcome this. 

What has made it so difficult for ID Mobile? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Have you contacted your bank to see why the payment failed on two occasions @Munno ?

Will

The automated payment system with ID mobile failed. I didn't get as far as entering the card details. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Munno,

Sorry to hear about that.

We aren’t aware of any issues with the payment line. Could you please try this again and follow the relevant steps in order to clear the balance.

Did the line previously disconnect when you called or did you experience a different issue? 

Kash 

Why iD Mobile?