Question

Voicemail does not kick in and phone just rings out until it cuts off

• 12 November 2020
  • 10 replies

My answer machine (voicemail) does not kick in and rings until it cuts off (about 30 seconds). Had the phone a month now and it works fine at the beginning, but when someone was ringing the phone it was lasting too long before voicemail kicked in. So we wanted to change it to 15 seconds for the voicemail to kick in. I entered in **61*123*15#. Then the message appeared it was successful. Since then, the answerphone has not worked. 

Been into Carphone Warehouse and they did everything they could do, but then said come in here and ask a support question as it a network issue and nothing is wrong with the phone or the phone settings.

Thanks,
Anthony

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Hi I have this issue. Turned on/off did not work

Asked if call forsaking and voicemail set it is

live chat not helpful.

issue happened when I changed the length of time from ring to message now now voicemail. Call rings out and cuts off

I shortened the call ring time from the standard 30 seconds to 20. I used **61*123*20#. Voicemail is now not going to phone and rings off and goes dead

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @HelenR 

Please can you try turning off call forwarding by entering ##21# 

If no joy, please can you reset the ring time back to 30 seconds by dialing  **61*123*30# to see if this reverts back to the original ring time and voicemail.

-Mohsin

Hi I have tried both and neither worked

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Just to confirm @HelenR 

Have you tried this through the iD app settings turning on/off the voicemail?

-Mohsin

Hi I have the app but where do you find settings

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @HelenR 

Simply log in to your iD app or log in to my account area and select 'services', then toggle voicemail off/on

-Mohsin

Hi Moshin

i did try that loads but what has worked in the end was turning off wifi calling as it was linking to my iPad when working from home. I should say my lovely daughter after much searching found the answer

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

That’s great to hear @HelenR 

Well done to your daughter for thinking of turning the WIFI calling off in order for this to work. Feel free to message us for any issues you may have.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @Anthony Dykes 

Could you try turning Voicemail off completely in your settings, then turning it back on to see if that shifts the problem at all?

Let us know if that kicks things in to gear.  If not, let us know and we’ll send a Private Message to have our Tech Team take a look for you.

Why iD Mobile?