What about a WiFi calling app.....

Userlevel 2
C'mon ID mobile, your prices are great, the coverage is comprehensive and your present app is easy as pie. Just give us a WiFi calling app and you'll have cracked it!

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi @Baino45, I Like your post, I'm not the most Tech Savvy but I love the App, its so easy to use! I never need to call I can do so much myself, its great👌

I have the iPhone 7 and enabled WIFI/4G calling on my handset.

I have found details on ID webpage if this helps, I'm not sure if you can make use of the feature. Its not an app or available on all phones from what I can tell but have a look to see if its any use to you. 😀

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/4g-calling

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi @Baino45, I Like your post, I'm not the most Tech Savvy but I love the App, its so easy to use! I never need to call I can do so much myself, its great👌

I have the iPhone 7 and enabled WIFI/4G calling on my handset.

I have found details on ID webpage if this helps, I'm not sure if you can make use of the feature. Its not an app or available on all phones from what I can tell but have a look to see if its any use to you. 😀

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/4g-calling

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

Nice one MrsH!

You're absolutely correct.

4G and WiFi calling is supported on select handsets. The links above are a great place to start.

As of now our list of compatible handsets is limited, but we're working constantly on improving them!

There's also a great topic here all about WiFi calling: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/coverage-international-roaming-24/wi-fi-calling-198

Hope this helps.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
You can just use messenger to do internet calls I have used it quite a bit and the quality is good.

Regards

Ian
Userlevel 4
It doesn't only depend on iD but also if your device's firmware has support for Wi-Fi Calling.

Many carriers are relying on native Wi-Fi calling instead of applications as when your signal comes back the call will continue on that 😁
Seriously thinking to change to ID as signal in house on iPhone is v dodgy. I use freedompop which uses
an app for voip and is ok but support and reliability is mixed. FP uses three as backbone.
Can someone confirm the practical way to use as assume no formal ID app to download and just uses
wifi when there is no signal in house.
Not to get confused with say facetime or skype etc in otherwords dial any mobile or landline plus
confirm mins used will get deducted from quota depending on plan.
It would seem I should get 4g voice in the house , but not sure about if it will work.
Userlevel 4

Seriously thinking to change to ID as signal in house on iPhone is v dodgy. I use freedompop which uses
an app for voip and is ok but support and reliability is mixed. FP uses three as backbone.
Can someone confirm the practical way to use as assume no formal ID app to download and just uses
Not to get confused with say facetime or skype etc in otherwords dial any mobile or landline plus
It would seem I should get 4g voice in the house , but not sure about if it will work.

If your phone has some settings on your dialer for Wi-Fi calling then it is natively supported.

When there is no signal and you have a wifi signal then the call will take place over wifi and if a signal does come it will seamlessly handover to the carrier's cellular network.

WiFi calling will have some form of icon on your status bar to show that it's being taken on that

WiFi calling does use up your inclusive minutes.

There is no app to download. Just make sure your handset supports wifi calling.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @david333

Welcome to our iD Community and glad to hear you're thinking of joining us.

It looks like @DeliriousMetro has beat me to it and answered your query.

To add to this, @MrsH has shared some links earlier to our website.

Be sure to check these out also as you'll need to make sure you have a supported handset to make the most of these great features!

Mohammed
Many thanks for the feedback. Apparently my issue was a general "outage" hopefully a one off.
If it happens again then I will get a sim only deal knowing I can use WIFI calling if I
get a poor signal in the house.
Userlevel 1
I really hope that iD plan on enabling WiFi calling on the Google Pixel 2 XL. It seems a shame that it's only available on such a limited number of devices.
Hi, when are ID Mobile going to launch a Wi-Fi calling app, similar to the one I had on Three, (3 in touch) prior to joining ID. This would be a great addition to the service, especially, if like me you struggle with a signal at home, and are always missing calls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @JJS27,

I've moved your post here as a topic for this already exists

You may be able to get WiFi calling working if you have a compatible handset.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?