Solved

Why can't I register two phones to one email address?

• 14 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Wife and I went to Carphone Warehouse today. Wife got a monthly contract with iD on her existing phone. I bought a new phone and a directly similar contract with iD. Registered the wife phone with iD and got the 'app' no problems at all. On to mine and it keeps saying that "another account is registered to that email address; use another" WHY, WHY, WHY? For a start we only use the one address for a very good reason I see no reason at all why anyone should demand otherwise. Why can't two phones be registered to the same email address when they are both registered to the same home address?
So I can't get my phone details up at all. I'll have to cancel my iD sim and get one from another network eh? Brilliant - NOT!
icon

Best answer by Kevin 17 January 2019, 13:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Brubaker

At this moment ID app does not support multiple numbers under one email address but this feature has been requested many times on the community so hopefully in the near future it will be allowed in the meantime you would need to register new email address in order to create and account for your number.

Regards
Absolute madness! We don't have two post boxes, two dining tables, two houses, why do we have to have separate emails!!! Thanks anyway Hikari, I'll ditch the iD sim and cancel the contract for my new phone and find another deal.
Bruce
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Brubaker

It will be sad to see you go. ID Mobile it's still very young provider. If I am not mistaken they are on the market for around 3 years only and they keep improving their services as well as offer the best deals on the market. If you would be willing to give them a chance you may see how they grow and improve things, including multiple numbers under one email address.

Regards
I would love to as the guy at Carphone Warehouse was briliant, however the awful registration system denies the registration of my new phone and info thereon via the app or my PC. It won't stop the billing, just me getting any running info on where it is going. So it's back to looking for another deal at least until they get someone who can construct a decent web site.
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @Brubaker

We've passed on feedback in the past regarding the feature upgrade of allowing multiple iD Mobile accounts to be registered under one email address, and this is something we'd expect will come with time.

Right now though, only 1 email address can be associated with 1 account. I couldn't speak for if other providers allow that option, or not though in our defence there.

1 helpful trick though.
If your email address was for example "Brubaker64@email.com", and that was already in use with your original account. You could enter your email address for another account as Brubaker.64@email.com and mails from that would still reach you at the address above.
Email addresses generally ignore .'s in emails you see, whilst websites and accounts would see them as a separate email address for the purpose of registering.
Though you can find more information on that email address trick online if need be.

If you're looking to cancel any account, there are a variety of ways you can get in touch with our Customer Services Team over the phone or online available here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us

Kevin
Thanks Kevin,
I'll keep that tip for future use/try, sound good. I have resurected an old email address as the user name and then changed the one in the account details to brubaker45 again and it seems to have accepted that.
Problem was it seems that the original email address (brubaker.......) became the user name for both accounts when the setup was being done at Carphone Warehouse and it's that 'username' that has to be unique, if that's the case it's understandable. hopefully now with separate 'user names' abeit one being a redundant email address the actual 'bills' will come through to the common email in the account details.
Cheers
Bruce

Why iD Mobile?