Solved

google pixel watch 2

• 11 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

The only posts I could find related to this were a year old so thought best to ask... 

I have a Google pixel watch that is compatible with esim, is this something that I can access via ID mobile? 

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by Tom 22 May 2024, 13:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Erin Claire 

Unfortunately we do not officially support the Google Pixel Watch for eSIM support, sorry.

It may work, however we wouldn’t officially say it definitely will.

Tom

I have the original Pixel watch (which I got through iDmobile) I have now added eSIM to my phone but cant add it to the watch. 

Why is eSIM for Watches not available? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Sm1thson 

Are you sure you purchased the watch via iD Mobile? You may have claimed it via a promotion where the device required was purchased via iD Mobile.

I could only advise that at this time, our eSIMs are not supported with watches, sorry.

Tom

ah, correct. I bought the phone contact that came with a free Pixel watch*
*watch was through google promotion.

Semantics aside, it rubbed salt it the wound that its true functionality couldnt be used, and however the watch was bought it feels backwards to not have support. I was excited to see that eSIMs were now supported so quickly moved to eSIM only to find I cant add it to the watch.

Back to the question: Why is eSIM for Watches not available/supported? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Sm1thson 

We don’t have any specific reason for not supporting them at the moment, we don’t sell them ourselves so our priority wouldn’t be with those devices we don’t sell.

Tom