Question

Only receiving WhatsApp or messenger and other notifications when returning home to wifi.

• 3 February 2022
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

We have 3 id mobile sims and we are all experiencing the same problem.

We don't receive any notifications from WhatsApp, messenger, bank or other apps whilst out and about using data. The phones all go mad when we return home.

Never happened with other networks and we all leave our data on all the time.

18 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Amanda 123, is your data working fine otherwise when you’re out and about? It sounds like a phone setting, but it’s strange that it’s happening to all three of your phones, and hasn’t happened with other networks.

Still, it’s worth checking the individual notification settings for each app. I’d also check that any power saving modes are disabled as this can prevent some push notifications coming through.

Thank you,

Rory

I had the same issue ans Someone suggeated to turn off the adult content filter by contacting ID mobile (all the phone settings were correct for push notifications). Quite surprisingly it has worked for me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Zeeshan Masood,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for making us aware of this.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Read this thread:

Hi. I'm having the same problem as Amanda. I have read the other thread and my phone had Private DNS switched to off already.

I'll try the adult filter thing.

Any other advice to try because I think I'll have to leave I.D mobile because of this issue.

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bowser,

Welcome to the Community!

Usually a network reset helps refresh everything.

Secondly it may be worth testing the SIM in a different handset.

Please let us know how you get on after trying everything and we can help.

Kash

Hi Kash, I've put SIM in my other phone  and changing the DNS setting to off made a big difference. Getting far more notifications but one still one major issue.

When I unlock my screen using pattern, only then my notifications come in. Every time. I get the notifications that I have received since I last unlocked my phone. 

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

No entirety sure but I think it's starts happening when my battery below 60% roughly. But could be wrong.

Thanks for any help

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Kash, I've put SIM in my other phone  and changing the DNS setting to off made a big difference. Getting far more notifications but one still one major issue.

When I unlock my screen using pattern, only then my notifications come in. Every time. I get the notifications that I have received since I last unlocked my phone. 

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

No entirety sure but I think it's starts happening when my battery below 60% roughly. But could be wrong.

Thanks for any help

Sounds like a device settings is preventing notifications to the lock-screen, @Bowser. 

I’m not an Android user, but the handset user guide should explain how to allow notifications to the lock-screen. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Definitely down to a setting on the device. What device do you have? What version of Android is it?

Hi WelshPaul

Here the phone details 

This is the main app I'm having issues with. Its all apps but this is the one I am desperate to get notifications working..

Any help will be massively appreciated

Thanks

Any ideas guys/girls

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Bowser 

This would appear to be a device setting, there wouldn’t be any control we have as a network for your notifications, sorry.

Tom 

Why iD Mobile?