Solved

is there issue with Mobile data?

• 10 February 2024
  • 13 replies

no mobile data. i have tried to reset the network by choosing a different network then reconnecting to ID but still no mobile data.

icon

Best answer by Tom 12 February 2024, 13:39

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @brik 

Hey there, we're very sorry for any disruption, we are aware of the issue/outage and we are currently working on this as a high priority. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience with us.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi

I've an issue with mobile data as well and not due to the recent outage.

It concerns WhatsApp. When using my phone get messages. Pop up on lock screen, sounds, all notifications work. If I put phone down and the screen turns off then after a couple of minutes I do not get any notifications. It is as though it loses network connection. On WiFi it still works when screen off. Phone is Samsung S21. Latest update, latest WhatsApp version. Checked app settings against another Samsung, all are the same, including notification settings. Reset network. No difference. All worked fine on Sky before switching to iD.

Anyone any ideas before I leave ID?

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did notifications work okay before the latest Android update, @Hatter?  

Userlevel 1

Yes they did but was on another network then. Other phone on talkmobile works fine. All settings are the same for both phones. Only difference is the network provider. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I think WhatsApp notifications are sent over a network connection (mobile data or Wi-Fi) to the registered device, @Hatter. 

If your S21 + iD SIM gets WhatsApp notifications over a Wi-Fi network connection, then perhaps there’s a mobile data specific device setting, which is preventing notifications while the lock-screen is active.

I’m not an Android user, but In iOS there are plenty of Settings > WhatsApp > Notifications options, with many mentioning the lock-screen. 

Otherwise, maybe issue is related to a mobile data usage or power-saving settings, which prevents WhatsApp notifications to the lock-screen? 

Userlevel 1

Hi @andewhite.

I've tried the sim in a phone that does receive lock screen notifications and it didn't get any. So it seems to be somewhere on the network that is causing the problem. I read on another thread where someone said to switch adult content filter off. That worked for them. So waiting for ID to switch it off. It is pending atm. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, hope turning OFF your account’s adult content filter works. WhatsApp doesn’t appear to be a typical adult content service - anyway, good luck @Hatter.

Userlevel 1

No, still the same issue with it turned off. 

Userlevel 1

Oops forgot to say, thanks for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Hatter 

I’m unsure that the network itself would have any restriction or similar to WhatsApp notifications coming through, hopefully the suggested Adult Content Filter toggle works.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Good news! Checked the services section last night and adult filter was still pending. So no WhatsApp messages. This morning the filter has been turned off. Whatsapp messages now come through on lock screen. So definitely something to do with the adult filter.

Thanks everyone for your help. 

Maybe admin could put this fix as a sticky. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Hatter 

Glad to hear that’s helped.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thank you.

Why the adult filter causes the issue is strange but at least working now. 

Why iD Mobile?