Question

New phone and sim - sim not working

• 5 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi, I have a new phone and sim. My old number from EE was scheduled to be switched today, but my phone is not reading the sim card inserted, and therefore, there is no network. I’ve tried off and on, taking sim out and putting back in and airplane mode off and on, but to no avail. Please advise. 

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

There is very little you can do other than to wait until 10pm. If it’s not working, then you will need to arrange for a replacement SIM card to be sent out to you or collect one from a local curry's store.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @huitson_l,

Welcome to the Community!

Is your SIM now working with the ported number?

If you are still experiencing problems we can look at sending a replacement SIM and checking the port.

Kash

Hi Kash,

Unfortunately my SIM is still not working.

I have been into a local Curry’s store who have given me a replacement SIM and told me to speak with live chat, but live chat were unable to resolve the issue before clocking off this evening, so I am still without a useable phone. 

Is there a speedily way to get this resolved? 

Best wishes,

Liam

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @huitson_l,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I am also experiencing this. From my perspective I have sorted the PAC transfer from EE to IDMOBILE and have now been without service for over two days. Please help 

I am also experiencing this. From my perspective I have sorted the PAC transfer from EE to IDMOBILE and have now been without service for over two days. Please help 

It should be noted that I’m also unable to register an account as a code is texted to the phone, but I’m currently without a useable phone number 🥲

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Victoria Lewis, we’re very sorry to hear this. Just to confirm, has your number switch completed, or have you processed it, and awaiting it to complete?

Thank you,

Tyler

Hey Tyler, 

I’m not sure, how do I find out? 

I’ve checked the mobile service on the new phone and my old EE phone number is showing as “primary”, I assume that means the PAC transfer has been successful? thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Victoria Lewis,

I would advise making a call from the iD Mobile SIM and check what number is showing.

Your EE SIM should disconnect once the number is ported successfully.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?