Solved

PAC code problems

• 19 January 2023
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi. I got my pac code and my old number has transferred over no problem.  However on the ID Mobile app it is still showing the ID mobile number that I was given and not my transferred old number. Can anyone help? Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 19 January 2023, 13:26

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What date were you advised for your number switching to iD @Timborj?

Userlevel 1

Just today. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It can sometimes take until 10pm for the switch to get completed, and there may be several hours between your old provider’s SIM being deactivated and the number being active with your iD SIM.

I was without a service for ~5 hours when I switched to iD.

Good luck @Timborj.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Timborj 

Do you still require assistance with this? Has the port gone completed?

You should have received a text from us to confirm this.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Yes It's all completed. I didn't get a text but it's all sorted thanks. I keep getting messages asking me to mark the answer as the most helpful,  but I don't know how to. Sorry. Thanks again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Timborj,

Glad to hear that this is sorted.

If you require any assistance you can get in touch with us here.

Kash

Userlevel 1

The pac code provided by ID is not accepted by Lebara.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Wendy Nofal,

Our PAC codes begin with VTM.

Please make sure the correct PAC Code is being used and it has not expired.

Text PAC DDMMYY to 65075 from the iD SIM (where DDMMYY is your date of birth in that format).

You can get a new PAC Code this way.

If you still have issues, let me know and I will look into this further.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Many thanks. Due to time constraints I managed to actually speak to a person at Lebara who has started the port procedure for me. 
it seems they may have online problems at the moment

thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Wendy Nofal,

Glad to hear that you got it sorted in the end!

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have the same issue. Number was supposed to be transferred over yesterday. This morning I still have no network and unable to make or receive calls or anything ? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Any email or text message, from iD or your ‘old’ service provider, to say the transfer was completed?

Is your ‘old’ service provider’s SIM card still active?

Userlevel 1

No communication to say the transfer was completed, but my old phone is no longer working this morning. 

I tried to register on the ID app but tried the number provided by ID mobile, and the number I’ve transferred over, but neither seemed to work so I didn’t get any verification codes? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like your transfer might be happening today @Justshel, if your ‘old’ provider’s SIM card is not active now.

The number transfer can take several hours to complete, meaning you won’t have any service until the number port completes.

When I transferred my number to iD, I had no service for about 5-hours. My port completed at around 15:30 on transfer day.

I’d suggest turning off your phone, and check every 45 to 60-minutes. Keep the phone off between checks.

🍀 

Userlevel 1

Okay thank you so much 😊 I’ll patiently wait and hopefully it’ll be sorted later today. 

Thanks! Hope you have a nice day! 

Hi

I’ve submitted my PAC code and had a message to say that my old number has been ported over but it clearly hasn’t worked because my texts and messages are still showing as coming from the temporary number ID gave me and not my actual number. 
live chat is impossible and i’ve already spent 40 minutes getting nowhere?! 
please help! 
Rachael

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi

I’ve submitted my PAC code and had a message to say that my old number has been ported over but it clearly hasn’t worked because my texts and messages are still showing as coming from the temporary number ID gave me and not my actual number. 
live chat is impossible and i’ve already spent 40 minutes getting nowhere?! 
please help! 
Rachael

What handset are you using @Rachael Boyd? - Android or iPhone?

The following community FAQ might help:

I’ve transferred my number over to iD, but the wrong number is showing when I call or text 

PAC code not working, saying some details are wrong whenever I try and switch to ID mobile but all details are correct? I’ve tried putting my surname is capitals as suggested by others but still not working? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

PAC code not working, saying some details are wrong whenever I try and switch to ID mobile but all details are correct? I’ve tried putting my surname is capitals as suggested by others but still not working? 

If you can’t submit your PAC using online forms, I’d suggest asking the iD social media customer support team for assistance with your PAC, by using Facebook Messenger, or send them a direct message on Twitter.

The team work until 8pm weekdays, and 6pm at weekends (and bank holidays).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Jessica Woodcroft  have you since been able to resolve this or did you still need help?

Mohammed

For the pac code I need a verification code apparently from a welcome email which I haven’t received. So how do I complete this process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Rajagopalan,

Welcome to the Community!

When submitting the PAC code you’ll be asked for the following:

Surname

PAC code

iD Mobile Number

Old Number

Transaction number

Please can you send us a screenshot of the verification code it is requesting and at what step?

Kash

Everytime I enter my PAC details.  It comes back saying my details are not recognised 

now what can I do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Incy,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you entering the transaction number that starts with 4?

You’ll find the number on your welcome email from us.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?