5G Roaming

Userlevel 8
Badge

We’re thrilled to announce that iD Mobile customers can now take advantage of 5G network coverage when roaming. This means that you can now enjoy lightning-fast internet speeds and improved connectivity in select countries outside of the UK. And If you’re in one of our Inclusive Roaming destinations, you can roam like you’re at home, taking advantage of the data allowance that comes with your plan (subject to your allowance, our fair usage & open data policies).

5G connectivity comes free on all iD Mobile plans, and as long as you have a 5G-compatible phone, you can now experience 5G when in the UK and in select countries abroad. You can view our list of 5G compatible phones here.

Below is a list of countries where our customers can connect to 5G Networks:

Inclusive Roaming Destinations

Country
Austria
Belgium
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Italy (Includes San Marino) 
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Romania
Slovakia
Spain
Sweden
Ukraine

None Inclusive Roaming Destinations

Australia
China
Egypt
Hong Kong
India
Israel
Kuwait
Malaysia
Nigeria
Oman
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
South Africa
South Korea
Switzerland
United States

We’re working alongside our network partners, Three, to increase the list of destinations, so watch this space!

43 replies

Userlevel 1

Why I cant connect to Telekom in Germany anymore. Only with that network I could get 5G in DE... now I can connect only to o2 and vodafone where I can get only 4G ?! Why? My other sim from different operator in same place conneting to 5g with o2 in same place for example... 

Userlevel 3

Why I cant connect to Telekom in Germany anymore. Only with that network I could get 5G in DE... now I can connect only to o2 and vodafone where I can get only 4G ?! Why? My other sim from different operator in same place conneting to 5g with o2 in same place for example... 

Hi.

Just checked, Honest Mobile (Including 3, iD and SMARTY) have updated their roaming partners for germany only to o2.de and vodafone.de.

Userlevel 1

Ok but why there is no 5g connection like I could before with telekome???

Userlevel 3

Ok but why there is no 5g connection like I could before with telekome???

Network Partners change. It seems like Telekom Germany isn’t a network partner with 3 / iD anymore, which means a connection to it can’t be established. It is possible that in a few weeks or months, the network partners might get updated again and if so, Telekom would have a chance on being there. For now, only 4G is supported in Germany with O2 and Vodafone.

Userlevel 1

So other provider can give me 5G with o2 in Germany but ID cant do that? Why is it?

Userlevel 3

So other provider can give me 5G with o2 in Germany but ID cant do that? Why is it?

Costs. o2 Might charge iD more for 5G/4G/EDGE access compared to just 4G/EDGE access. Also you can factor in network bias. For example, O2 UK would be much more likely to have 5G on o2.de compared to iD.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @UKabroad,

If you are able to get 3G/4G coverage we may not be able to offer 5G in that area.

The coverage level that you receive abroad is subject to the coverage that our network partner offers so we can’t guarantee coverage.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi Kash,

I suggest that you double check the previous replies here. Especially the ones from tgets0v as this basically summarizes the experience in the last couple of months.

Again, I’d like to highlight that this is not an coverage issue. Something has changed to disadvantage of your customers. Just be transparent and get Germany and the Netherlands off that list as it is clear that you do not provide 5G support there anymore.

As long there is no confirmed Incident with a target date to get it fixed, the list on top of that thread is just misleading. 

Is tunisia a roam free destination 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is tunisia a roam free destination 

No, you can’t roam free in Tunisia, @Stephen Bowman

I got an email add that links to this topic.

The ad said “ROAM OVER 50 COUNTRIES...”

I’m no maths genius, but this list is not 50 😑

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JMatt,

Welcome to the Community!

Please click HERE to see our 50 EU roaming destinations.

Kash

Anyone know how I can increase my inclusive data when I travel to Poland ? Days its capped at 30gb ?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Anyone know how I can increase my inclusive data when I travel to Poland ? Days its capped at 30gb ?

I think once you’ve reached your 30GB/month roaming data allowance, you’re subject to £3/GB surcharge for additional roaming data, @Malcolm Robinson

Otherwise, maybe try a data-only eSIM for Poland (assuming your handset supports eSIM use).

Userlevel 1

I’ve just come back from Switzerland and was surprised that this wasn’t on the list.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve just come back from Switzerland and was surprised that this wasn’t on the list.

Switzerland appears on the 5G list for None Inclusive Roaming Destinations, @TrDave13 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Malcolm Robinson 

Unfortunately you won’t be able to increase the inclusive roaming data cap, sorry.

Tom

Userlevel 3

Yes I get 5g in UK. The handset is only 3 months old.

I am able to reproduce your experience.

I was able to receive a 5g signal in Germany and the Netherlands - I was even able to use Telekom. Since December all the sudden it stopped working. No changes to my device/config etc. at all. Is there an official statement available from iD?

Hi,

This is not a fault from iD. As iD is a MNVO on the 3 network, we use 3’s roaming partners. Due to a recent roaming partner list renewal, some network that were previously able to be used while roaming, in your case Telekom.de, were removed along with some countries losing 5G access. We are not sure why, but we have to go along with it unfortunately until 3 decides to have another update of their roaming list, which has no set date on updates, could be tomorrow, could be in a year. This is due to 3 having contracts with international networks to roam onto, and they expire, from there, it is 3’s choice to choose whether to renew contracts or stop them and choose a new roaming network.

Why iD Mobile?