Solved

China Beijing Roaming

• 26 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Landed in Beijing yesterday, cannot get WeChat, WhatsApp or messages to work. I had a message from ID mobile on power on saying I’ve used 80% of my bill cap. I added £10 but still nothing. What do I need to do to be able to send/receive messages from my UK ID mobile SIM card in Beijing? 🤔

icon

Best answer by andewhite 11 April 2024, 12:29

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @BarryEd,

Welcome to the Community!

Whilst in China, please try and connect to CHN-CUGSM.

Please also ensure that roaming is enabled on the iD handset and your iD Mobile account.

The roaming charges for China are below;

Roaming Pay monthly Pay-as-you-go
Calls to UK* £2.40 £2.40
Calls to China* £2.40 £2.40
Calls received* £2.40 £2.40
Texts to China** £0.60 £0.60
Texts to UK** £0.60 £0.60
Picture message (MMS) sent** £0.60 £0.60
Internet and Data (per MB)*** £1.50 £1.50

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @BarryEd,

Welcome to the Community!

Whilst in China, please try and connect to CHN-CUGSM.

Please also ensure that roaming is enabled on the iD handset and your iD Mobile account.

The roaming charges for China are below;

Roaming Pay monthly Pay-as-you-go
Calls to UK* £2.40 £2.40
Calls to China* £2.40 £2.40
Calls received* £2.40 £2.40
Texts to China** £0.60 £0.60
Texts to UK** £0.60 £0.60
Picture message (MMS) sent** £0.60 £0.60
Internet and Data (per MB)*** £1.50 £1.50

Kash

Hi Is there a bundle available that will let me avoid these charges, I fly on Monday

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Hi Is there a bundle available that will let me avoid these charges, I fly on Monday

iD Mobile doesn’t offer any roaming bundles or add-ons for China, @En70uk

The best option is probably a data-only eSIM or local SIM card, if your handset supports dual SIM use.  

Userlevel 1

iD Mobile doesn’t offer any roaming bundles or add-ons for China, @En70uk

The best option is probably a data-only eSIM or local SIM card, if your handset supports dual SIM use.  

Thanks

Will go Esim

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @En70uk 

Unfortunately we don’t offer any sort of bundles like this, it may be worth exploring what @andewhite suggests to avoid high charges.

Tom

Many thanks all for the replies and apologies for the late response. Now back in UK. When in Beijing my phone never ever showed the CHN-CUGSM network. In the end I gave up with my ID mobile, and got the use of a local sim mobile while there. Now I see from the replies above that ID mobile do not have any bundles or add-ons for China. A shame really as if I had been totally dependent on my ID mobile then I would have been rightly “stuck”. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey there @BarryEd, thank you for letting us know and our apologies for that, we shall take the feedback on-board.

Thank you,

Tyler