Question

Samsung s22 wifi calling

• 30 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Can anyone tell me if wifi calling is still supported on the Samsung s22. It is on other networks but seems to have been removed from the list of supported devices on ID Mobile.

Thanks 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Edinburgh89 

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem that the S22 is supported officially on our list and therefore Wi-Fi calling wouldn’t be officially supported, sorry.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Tom, can you kindly explain why iD Mobile are selling the Samsung Galaxy S22? 

If a device isn’t an approved handset, for the iD Mobile network, why would iD Mobile sell the device - in this case the Samsung Galaxy S22 handset? 

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom, 

Thanks for your reply. I was surprised to see it wasn't on the list. Are you able to confirm this is correct and not an error on the list? If it isn't supported then i will need to switch network as I rely on WiFi calling.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @andewhite & @Edinburgh89 

I’ve asked the team for a little clarification on this, we’ll update you here when possible.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks for doing that. 

Hi Tom, 

Thanks for your reply. I was surprised to see it wasn't on the list. Are you able to confirm this is correct and not an error on the list? If it isn't supported then i will need to switch network as I rely on WiFi calling.

Thanks 

Seems a really odd omission if that list is accurate as the S23 is already on there, along with the S21. I'm thinking of moving over from EE but I won't be doing so until this is clarified as I have an S22 and ID Mobile / Three coverage is very poor where I live.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Caltor,

The team are checking this and the website will be updated shortly.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Another strange thing - an iD community ‘sticky’ FAQ showing the Samsung Galaxy S22 as being compatible with iD WiFi Calling, and iD 4G Calling.

And yet, this handset is missing from the online list of handsets approved for use on the iD Mobile network.
🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @andewhite @Edinburgh89,

I have chased the team regarding this and we will keep you updated.

Once the team provides us with further information, we will get back to you.

Kash