We've launched a new iD Mobile app!

We've launched a new iD Mobile app!
Userlevel 8
Badge +3

We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve launched a new iD Mobile app packed with great new features and improvements!

Over the past year, we’ve been working hard on completely redesigning the iD Mobile app. The new app has been built with our customers’ feedback at the forefront of design and development, so we’re confident that anyone who used the old iD Mobile app will really appreciate the improvements.

So, what’s changed?

• Manage multiple plans – If you’ve got more than one iD Mobile plan, you can now manage them all from a single login. No more logging in and out!
  • New design - Whether you’re checking your allowances, changing your Bill cap, or updating your personal info, the new app has been designed to make sure you’re able to do exactly what you need – easier than ever before.
  • Improved performance – The new app uses the latest technologies to improve stability, performance, and security.   

If you’re new to iD or have the old version of the app, you can download the new version from the App Store or the Google Play Store.

If you’ve previously registered for the old app, you’ll need to re-register for the new one. Sorry about that - but it’ll be worth it!

Your Feedback Matters

Let us know what you think of the new iD Mobile app below! Or if you’ve got a great idea for a new feature that’s not currently not in the app, or you’re experiencing any issues, you can create a ‘New App Feedback’ topic, and track the progress of your feedback here. Our team of moderators and developers are on hand to provide further support.

Shout-outs!

We’d like to give a special shoutout to our Community superusers, who helped with testing the app prior to launch. So, thank you to:

If you need more info about the app, you can view our FAQs here.

57 replies

Userlevel 1

Yes particularly your new app. Having to register again! Why! 

Userlevel 1

Register my account, OK(eventually) , but don't have access to text on other sim  so unable to add to account. 

No easy display of used /rollover data, bills won't load, why has my current bill changed, has the billing date changed

M W 

Userlevel 1

Fantastic, a new app, not so fantastic is that I’ve wasted so much time trying to set it up 😌

I went through the registration process, went to add my number, it doesn’t appear to like my DOB. Logged into my account via my PC, I can not find any mention of my DOB, its not in my profile.

Tried the app again, it kept complaining my password was wrong, but it works on the website, clear the app cache/data, tried again, uninstalled the app, still the same, found this thread and read the app has a different password. Why is the password different from the website!!!!!! So blooming stupid, now need to store two passwords in my password manager, one for the website and one for the app!!!!

So now I’m back to adding my mobile number, except it doesn’t like my DOB which I can’t check as its not listed in my profile on the website!

So I have the new app, but its utterly useless as I can’t add my phone number.

Userlevel 1

I was very surprised to get a PM from @KieranC today as its Easter Sunday, but the issue has now been resolved, top marks to Kieran for his quick response and fixing the issue. It did take three attempts before the activation code came through, so seems to be some ongoing issues there.

As others have said, it would be nice to lose the advertising as its not what I want to see when I look at the app, perhaps put it on a separate tab. My recommended upgrade costs another £10 a month and gives me unlimited data, yet I never use up all my existing data allowance, so I’ve no idea why that upgrade is even being recommended in the first place - its totally wrong for my usage.

Userlevel 1

im getting this error after updating the iOS app

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@Ash9694 , I haven’t seen that error reported before. I assume your phone is running the latest iOS software, and your time settings are set to automatic, etc. Is there anything unusual about your device?

@Ronski, happy to help and sorry you had issues registering. 

I’ll share your feedback about the suggested upgrade deal with our sales team. Interestingly, the deals should be the same as those in the old app. The new upgrade banners have a lot more colour; the old ones looked very dull in comparison, so they probably feel more prominent. We’ll think about how we can improve that going forward.

Thanks,

Kieran

Userlevel 1

@KieranC it would appear the new app does not like jailbroken devices, not an issue with my banking apps but an issue with the id app, Absolute stupidity that Id feel my device is a threat, time to move network

Userlevel 1

@Ash9694 , I haven’t seen that error reported before. I assume your phone is running the latest iOS software, and your time settings are set to automatic, etc. Is there anything unusual about your device?

@Ronski, happy to help and sorry you had issues registering. 

I’ll share your feedback about the suggested upgrade deal with our sales team. Interestingly, the deals should be the same as those in the old app. The new upgrade banners have a lot more colour; the old ones looked very dull in comparison, so they probably feel more prominent. We’ll think about how we can improve that going forward.

Thanks,

Kieran

I can’t really remember the old app, I’d only log in occasionally to check data remaining, usually during or after a holiday where there had been heavy usage.

Not working today. Can’t tell if it registered an account. Will not allow me to login. I have standard plans nothing special there. 

On the last version of the app, I couldn't download bills (a pretty fundamental part of an app for managing my phone contract, no?) and on this version I can't even make it past the registering my mobile number screen.  It says I have been sent a security code which doesn't arrive until hours later (if I'm lucky) - by which point the number isn't accepted by the app as it doesn't match records. 🙄

Spoke to an online chat adviser who told me to call a number they provided to be given a security number, but that's just a complete joke. I shouldn't need to be calling anywhere just to be able to register my number to the app of my mobile provider.  Come on, this should be the absolute basics here.

How can your service be THIS bad, consistently? 

And yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times since yesterday.

Abysmal.

Was unable to download/view bills on the previous app (which you would think is an absolute basic function of an app for you to view your bills…...), and now I can’t even move past the initial registration stage of adding my number.  Either I don’t receive the security number, or it gets sent many hours after it is of any use. 

Spoke to a customer agent online who advised me to call a number to request the security code. This is pathetic - we should not be required to call to do something that should be the bare minimum basic function of a new app you have forced on us?

Can someone let ID know that Wednesday 3rd of April is today?

I am really disappointed with iD mobile. I just switched to their network. Got my sim, inserted it, No Network, re-inserted,  restarted phone multiple times.... no joy. 

Userlevel 1

How do I cap my bill online

Userlevel 2

How do I cap my bill online

Morning @Phillip Anthony Balmont,

Our Live Chat team should be able to assist, here’s the link:

idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Thanks.

Userlevel 2

So the app disappears for a day or so, apart from a picture of a bear, and now it’s back. STILL absolutely no information on the plan page, so I have no idea when my plans run to. Nothing apart from “Oops… something went wrong” and the try again button. Press that and we all know what happens!! “Oops…” Beyond a joke now. 

Userlevel 2

So the app disappears for a day or so, apart from a picture of a bear, and now it’s back. STILL absolutely no information on the plan page, so I have no idea when my plans run to. Nothing apart from “Oops… something went wrong” and the try again button. Press that and we all know what happens!! “Oops…” Beyond a joke now. 

Morning @Jeez,

I’ve just sent you a Private Message.

Thanks.

Tried to get on the new app as previous post get as far as enter email then that bear keeps coming up .

Userlevel 2

Hi @Hesperest,

Currently, new users are unable to register for the iD Mobile app. We will provide an update on this Community article once this changes:

I’ve been on using id mobile since 2017 so am not a new user only the new app because I can’t use old one or get on website to my account.

You are still trying to fix the new app since Wednesday or prob well before judging on the complaint s on here and still nothing.Can't pay my bill so you have suspended my account not very fair is it.The automated card payment robot thing is an absolute joke.Doesn't recognise all your card numbers when you type them in and you have to calculate what you want to pay in pence.It's just pathetic

Userlevel 1

Can't log in to turn my roaming block off. So can only use phone on WiFi even though in a roaming included country.

Userlevel 1

Most noticeable difference is greater prominence to attempts to sell upgrades.  And now I don't seem able to simply login with biometrics.  I use fingerprint as requested then get asked to enter email address and password and to enable biometrics again!  I do this then next time I open the app, have to go through the whole rigmarole again.  Really poor.

I’d be more thrilled if the app actually worked.

Like others here, I just get a picture of a bear telling me that the app isn’t available. Not a great first impression for a new ID Mobile member...

Userlevel 1

Have eventually managed to log in to the new app. Where do I find my usage? How many minutes have I used? How many texts? And especially, how much data have I used? Where are my data rollover details? All very useful info on the old App!

Why iD Mobile?