Skip to main content

From 1st October 2024 we’ll be increasing the Pay As You Go (PAYG) roaming rates for calls and texts in our Free Roaming destinations.  This increase will make our rates simpler and fairer for all of our customers and align our PAYG roaming rates to our Pay Monthly plans. To make sure everyone’s in the know, all existing PAYG customers will have received an SMS giving notice of this roaming rate increase by 1st September 2024 (with the changes effective from 1st October 2024).

Please note: the roaming rates for the ‘Rest of the World’ roaming destinations, and MMS charges for our Free Roaming destinations, will not change.

What will the new PAYG Roaming charges be?

You can check our new PAYG Roaming charges below. You’ll also be able to see these updated rates on our website from 1st September 2024. 

Roaming Pay monthly Pay-as-you-go
Calls to UK* £0.40 £0.40
Calls to Roam Free destination* £0.40 £0.40
Calls received* £0.00 £0.00
Texts to Roam Free destination* £0.14 £0.14
Texts to UK* £0.14 £0.14
Picture message (MMS) sent ** £0.55 £0.05
Internet and Data (per MB)*** £0.10 £0.10

How can I avoid unexpected charges while travelling, as a PAYG customer?

It’s important to keep an eye on roaming costs when travelling abroad. The last thing you’ll want is a big, unexpected bill when you get home! To help, we’d encourage our PAYG customers to consider adding a PAYG plan. This provides pre-set allowances and can help you control roaming costs in ‘Roam Free’ destinations. You can easily manage these plans in the iD Mobile app or My Account Online too. We offer a range of affordable PAYG plans that include unlimited minutes, texts, and even data! Just choose a plan that suits you.

How do I buy a PAYG plan?

Buying a PAYG Plan is dsuper easy! Just visit the iD Mobile app or My Account Online and you’ll find the option to buy a plan on your home screen (under ‘Your Plan’).  For more information check out our handy article on buying a PAYG plan.

Can I see the old charges compared to the new charges?

You can see all our previous PAYG Roaming charges below:

Roaming Pay monthly Pay-as-you-go
Calls to UK* £0.40 £0.03
Calls to Roam Free destination* £0.40 £0.03
Calls received* £0.00 £0.00
Texts to Roam Free destination* £0.14 £0.02
Texts to UK* £0.14 £0.02
Picture message (MMS) sent ** £0.55 £0.05
Internet and Data (per MB)*** £0.10 £0.01

Is there anything I can do about the increase in PAYG roaming charges?

You can’t opt out of the roaming charge increase, but there are still ways you can manage and potentially reduce these costs. By choosing a PAYG plan, you can enjoy pre-set allowances which can be especially useful when roaming in our ‘Roam Free’ destinations. You have the right to exit your PAYG agreement within 30-days of notification of these charges.

Be the first to reply!