Solved

delayed sms

• 13 May 2024
  • 8 replies

Since porting my number to ID I am seeing long delays a few mins to never received at all on recieving SMS messages, causing real problems with online MFA solutions banking, email etc. as they are usually timing out before the SMS is received.

Spoke to customer services who swapped my physical SIM to esim however doesn't seem to have worked unfortunately.

Should note it doesn't seem to matter where I am when awaiting messages, I live in a strong signal area and work is well covered. Tried turning on/off rcs and WiFi calling but still the same, using pixel 8 device from ID.

Thanks

Ryan

icon

Best answer by andewhite 17 May 2024, 09:31

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ryan Grierson,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tested the SIM in a different handset to see if that improves things?

Can you advise how long the message is taking to come through?

If your messages are still delayed we can drop you a PM.

Kash

Hi Kash,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Its now setup on an esim so unfortunately can't drop into another handset as unable to move the SIM  I do however have a Vodafone eSIM on the handset which doesn't seem to have the same issue with SMS delays.  

Thanks

Ryan

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Have you tried making the iD eSIM in your handset, the PRIMARY line, @Ryan Grierson

Hey Andrew, thanks for response, I have it set permanently to primary both SMS and calls even tried disabling Vodafone but still no joy unfortunately :(.

Thanks

Ryan

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Unfortunately @Ryan Grierson, it does sometimes seem number switching disrupts the SMS network routing information, which then can take 24-48 hours to recover.

@andewhite  it's been over a month since switching numbers now but still seems to be a problem, I am suspecting it is related to the number port as I've tried everything on the handset but not sure how to get it resolved with ID.. quite frustrating as can't log into some online. Systems due to MFA sms coming through too late.

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Okay @Ryan Grierson, sounds like the switch might not have been completed properly.

Perhaps try working with the RCS “Chat features” OFF for an extended period of time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ryan Grierson,

Please let us know how you get on with the information that @andewhite provided.

If you require further assistance we can PM you.

Kash