Question

New Phone No Connection

• 15 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I have received a new iPhone 15 with no sim, I was on EE . I have set up phone but have no network connection, I have tried my old EE sim but that doesn’t work. I tried to set up an ESIM but it says my old one is not compatible. Please help, should ID have sent me a new sim with the phone? 

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes @Hayley666, you should’ve received an iD SIM card along with your new contract phone, assuming it was purchased via the iD Mobile website.

This forum article might help you in this situation.

Alas, currently eSIM devices are not supported on the iD network. 

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Hayley666, we’re sorry to hear that.

To use our network, as @andewhite has kindly informed you, you will need to use the iD Mobile SIM card. Our SIM cards are usually delivered separate to the phone itself, and are delivered in 3-5 working days, so if that time has passed, please do let us know and we can look into that further for you.

Using the old EE SIM card won’t work unless your contract with them is still running, but that wouldn’t be using our network if it did work. Additionally, we don’t support eSIM’s at this current point in time, so neither will that, sorry about that!

Once you’ve received the ID Mobile SIM card, all should work fine, but if not, please do let us know so we can investigate further for you.

Kind regards,

Tyler

Why iD Mobile?