What is the DPD PIN code system?

• 19 February 2024
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

At iD Mobile, your order's safety is our top priority. That's why we've teamed up with DPD to elevate your customer experience and tackle fraud head-on by introducing the DPD PIN Code system for online deliveries – ensuring your package reaches you securely. Simply share the unique code with our driver to complete the delivery hassle-free.

Please note: You’ll need to provide your email address and mobile number during your order for timely DPD updates.

• How will I receive my PIN? Via email and text message.
  • Can the email or mobile number the PIN is sent to be changed? No, for security reasons this can’t be changed once your order is completed
  • I've lost my PIN, can you send another? The driver can resend PIN to both your email and mobile number at the door.
  • Can someone else accept delivery providing they know the PIN? Yes, anyone from within the premises providing they know the PIN.
  • What happens if I provide the wrong PIN to driver after its been resent?

FAQs

How will DPD share the PIN with me?

Once your order has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email and/or SMS from DPD with your one-hour delivery slot and your unique PIN. You can also find your PIN in the DPD app.

I accidentally deleted the email/text message containing the PIN, can it be resent to me, or can I verify through another method?

You are not able to verify through another method but don’t worry. If you find yourself without the PIN at hand, the driver can resend the PIN to the mobile number and/or email address initially entered in your order.

Can I receive the order without providing the PIN?

Unfortunately, the order cannot be delivered without the PIN. If you’re unable to present the PIN, the driver will schedule a reattempt delivery.

I won’t be home to receive the delivery, can I give my PIN to someone else to receive the parcel on my behalf?

If you're unable to receive the delivery yourself, then you can share your PIN with someone you choose, to receive the delivery on your behalf. Please note: we don't recommend sharing the PIN with an unknown person. If there is no-one available to receive the delivery, DPD will re-attempt to deliver on the next working day.

Why do I need to give the DPD driver a PIN to receive my order?

Due to the value of some products all DPD deliveries will now require a unique PIN, which             you will need to share with the DPD delivery driver.  

Having this PIN adds an extra layer of security, helping us verify that the parcel has been delivered to the right person and preventing any unauthorised access.  It confirms that the order has been successfully received by the recipient, or a person of their choosing, instead of being left in a safe place or with a neighbour.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Why iD Mobile?