F.A.Q.

How do I buy an add-on?

• 23 April 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Find out everything you need to know about adding more calls, texts or data to your allowance on your plan with iD Mobile.  

What are add-ons?

Unfortunately, recurring bundles are no longer available to buy. You can still purchase a one-off bundle by visiting this via the iD Mobile app or My Account online."

How do add-ons work?

If you go over your allowance of data or minutes, you’ll be charged out-of-plan rates. Buying an add-on works out cheaper than racking up those dreaded charges.  

Your add-on kicks in once your monthly allowance is used up. If you buy a data add-on, it starts being used after your monthly data allowance and Data Rollover are used up. 

A calls add-on starts once your monthly minutes allowance is used up. You can buy add-ons that last for 7 days, 30 days or 12 months. Make sure you buy the add-on when your allowance is close to running out. A 7-day data add-on will expire exactly seven days after you bought it, not seven days after it starts being used. 

Please note that add-ons can’t be backdated or used to cover past usage. 

Why do I need an add-on?

Buying add-ons is cheaper than paying any out-of-plan charges that may occur when you’re on the go. For example, a 7-day add-on of 100MB data is just £1.50. But if you use an extra 100MB of data outside your plan without an add-on, you’ll be charged £10.24. 

How do I buy a new add-on?

You can purchase another add-on though the iD Mobile app. Just follow the steps below:  

1. Log into the iD Mobile app  

1. Go to Add-Ons, click Buy and select the add-on that you want to buy  

1. Then click Buy Now and confirm your purchase 

Your add-ons will be added to your account.  

Please note: Add-Ons are not included in your Bill Cap. So, if your Bill Cap is set at £3.00 and you buy a £3.00 add-on, you’ll still have £3.00 left on your Bill Cap.  

How long does an add-on last?

You can buy data add-ons for 7 days, 30 days and 12 months. These can run across different billing periods. You can check when an add-on is due to expire by going to the dashboard of your iD Mobile app or My Account online and looking under Add-ons. 

Can I cover going over my allowance previously with an add-on?

Unfortunately, no. If you go over your allowance, you’ll be charged out-of-bundle rates for any additional data you use outside of your monthly data allowance (that isn’t rollover data). This will be until you buy your add-on. Remember, your add-on cannot be backdated or used to cover past usage. But once you’ve bought the add-on, it will prevent you from racking up any more out-of-bundle charges. 

It is best to regularly check how much data, minutes and texts you are using to ensure you don’t go over your allowance. The fastest way to check your data allowance is to log into My Account online on the iD Mobile website or to use the iD Mobile app. Here, you can view your remaining allowances for data, minutes and messages.  

What add-ons can I buy?

If you go over your minutes or data allowance, we offer a range of add-ons that can work to suit you. Browse the list of add-ons we offer in the table below:  

Calls

Allowance Duration Price
200 mins 30 Days £3.00
500 mins 30 Days £6.00
1000 mins 30 Days £8.00

Data

Allowance Duration Price
100MB 7 Days £1.00
300MB 7 Days £2.00
500MB 7 Days £3.00
1GB 30 Days £5.00
3GB 30 Days £8.00
6GB 30 Days £10.00
6GB 12 Months £15.00
15GB 12 Months £30.00

Recurring add-ons

These are no longer available to buy from us. However, if you have an existing recurring add-on, it'll keep refreshing every month when your new billing period starts. It'll stop recurring when it expires, or if you cancel it. 

Data Boost

Data Boost is an add-on that comes free with selected handsets. It kicks in if you ever run out of your monthly data allowance, like an extra pot of back-up data. 

Data Boost is completely flexible, it’s up to you how you use it: 

• Savour it 
    If you prefer, you can dip in regularly and use small amounts of data each time. 

• Store it 
    If you don't need to use any of your Data Boost just yet, you can save it for a rainy day. 

• Splurge it 
    You can use it all in one go if you want. There are no restrictions, so splurge it on a boxset binge if you feel the need. 

Your Data Boost is valid for 36 months – or until it gets used up. You can keep an eye on it with the iD Mobile App or My Account online. 

When does my add-on start?

Your add-on will kick in once you’ve used up all of your monthly allowance. If you buy a data add-on, it starts being used afteryour monthly data allowance and Data Rollover are used up. A 200-minutes add-on starts once your monthly minutes allowance is used. 

Make sure you buy the add-on when your allowance is close to running out. A 7-day data add-on will expire exactly seven days after you bought it, notseven days after it starts being used. 

Where can I view my add-ons?

It is important to monitor your add-on usage to make sure you don’t incur any out of bundle charges. To do this, you can view your active add-ons in the iD Mobile App or My Account online.  

When you're on the iD Mobile App or My Account online, you can view up to two active add-ons on your dashboard. To see ALL your active add-ons, go to the Active tab of your Add-Ons page.  

Can I keep my add-on if I change plans?

Yes. You can use your current active add-ons even after you change your plan. They're simply added to your new plan. If you'd like to remove it instead, simply log in to your iD Mobile app or My Account online, go to My Add-ons, select the add-on, and choose the Remove option. 

How do I cancel an add-on

If you’ve bought a one-off add-on, there’s no need to cancel it as it won’t automatically renew. The add-on will be removed from your account when it expires. 

Cancelling a recurring add-on is straightforward, simply follow the steps below: 

• Go to My Add-ons and select the add-on you’d like to remove 

• Click Remove 

How do I check my allowances?

The easiest way to check your allowances is via the iD Mobile App or to log into your My Account online. 

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?