Skip to main content
Solved

Sim only upgrade after 6 months

• 20 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi there. Looking to join ID on a sim only deal, I've read after 6 months of 0 missed payments I'd be able to upgrade to a handset plan? Is this correct? 

I don't have a perfect credit score but it is improving but just wondering so long as I make the 6 payments on time and have a good payment history with ID id be able to upgrade to a handset plan? Thanks 

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Okay @JamieLeeWV, while that maybe be correct, the handset upgrade options you’re likely to be eligible for could be quite limited, nor include the handset you’re after.

Okay @JamieLeeWV, while that maybe be correct, the handset upgrade options you’re likely to be eligible for could be quite limited, nor include the handset you’re after.

What kind of handsets would be on offer if that were the case?

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Not sure anybody can say for sure, @JamieLeeWV

The iD Mobile algorithm used to determine your upgrade eligibility appears to be bit of a ‘black-box’.

In addition, customers sometimes seem to be offered upgrades that aren’t actually available.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @JamieLeeWV 

Unfortunately we wouldn’t know any details on your upgrade offers until they’re actually offered, we’d recommend keeping an eye out once your upgrades are available.

Tom