Question

Data Roamimg Charges Whilst in Norway

• 6 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello all - I recently moved over to ID Mobile due to the free data roaming but whilst in Norway my wife and I were charged for data roaming. Could someone please tell me why I was charged. Many thanksĀ 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Justin 'Jay' Smith,

Norway is borered by Sweden, Finland and Russia.

If your device had automatic network connection and you were close to one of the non-inclusive countries, your device may have connected to their networks.

In this case, Russia or Sweden.

This can cause charges to be incurred.

Set the spend cap to Ā£0.00 and turn OFF Automatic network selection to prevent this.

Mohammed

Ā 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

HeyĀ @Justin 'Jay' Smith,

Norway is borered by Sweden, Finland and Russia.

If your device had automatic network connection and you were close to one of the non-inclusive countries, your device may have connected to their networks.

In this case, Russia or Sweden.

This can cause charges to be incurred.

Set the spend cap to Ā£0.00 and turn OFF Automatic network selection to prevent this.

Mohammed

Ā 

This doesnā€™t seemĀ to be correctĀ @MohammedĀ - iD plans are stated as having inclusive roaming in the EU and EEA, combined in iD roaming Band 1.Ā 

Norway, Sweden, and Finland are all Band 1Ā destinations.Ā 

@Justin 'Jay' Smith, you might have incurred roaming charges if you travelled onboard a ship or cruise liner, which isnā€™t included your plan allowances.Ā 
Alternatively, you might have exceeded your planā€™s fair usage roaming data allowance.Ā 

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @andewhiteĀ 

Ā 

Correction to the above, Sweden as you mention isĀ an inclusive Band 1 roaming countries.

Ā 

Tom

Many thanks for the responses

Ā 

yes I was on a cruise ship but had the mobile in Flight Mode when out of port.
Ā 

All data transfer happened whilst I was in port on a Norwegian NetworkĀ 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps youā€™ve somehow exceeded the fair usage amount for roaming mobile data, for your iD plan @Justin 'Jay' Smith.Ā 

The EU + EEA inclusive roaming feature allows unrestricted use of your iD plan calls and texts, but charges might apply if you exceed your fair usage limit for roaming mobile data.

The fair usage roaming mobile data allowance for your plan can be calculated online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Justin 'Jay' SmithĀ 

Ā 

Could you check your bill for what youā€™ve been charged for and what the charges are marked exactly as?

Ā 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?