F.A.Q.

About MMS charges

• 12 August 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

MMS messages aren’t included as part of your monthly allowance of texts, so every time you send one you get charged at our out-of-plan MMS rate - this is 30p per message on Pay Monthly or 5p on PAYG.

What is MMS?​​​​​

MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) makes it possible for you to send and receive messages containing pictures, photos, emojis, GIFs, videos and sound clips.

Why did my text get sent as MMS?

Your text message will sometimes automatically get converted to MMS. This is completely beyond our control. It depends on your phone’s operating system, and the person - or persons - you’re messaging.

Can I stop my phone from sending an MMS?​​​​​​

To stop your texts being converted into MMS, you should try and stick to these rules:

• Don’t send photographs, GIFs, videos or sound clips
  • Keep your text messages under 160 characters
  • Don’t use emojis
  • Don’t use normal characters that could be changed into emoticons, for example, writing 🙂 might be converted into a smiley face
  • Don’t send group texts – stick to individual messages
  • Don’t send a text to an email address
  • Don’t add attachments to a group message
  • Don’t give your text a subject line
  • Don’t send any contact cards or business cards with your text
  • Don’t enter a competition or make a donation via text

How can I keep MMS costs down?

If you enjoy sending multimedia messages, why not use a popular app like WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger? Chat apps like these use your phone’s internet connection, so if you’re on Wi-Fi it won’t cost you anything. If you send an MMS when you’re out and about, the data you use will simply come out of your monthly allowance.

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?